Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets talk about pants

Options
  • 26-11-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Right

I'm after spending the morning walking around outdoor shops. Im looking for cargo/combat style pants for everyday wear. Thing is they have to be office casual yet up to a bit of wear and tear. So no jack and jones tight fitting pink spotted combats please :P

I tried on some grasshopper ones today and they felt a bit light.

I have two pairs from army surpless that are fine for mucking about with the dog and weekend wear.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Craghopper's basecamp may suit your criteria, can be fairly smart. I wear mine to work with a shirt and get away with it no problem. Only problem is that they only have one side pocket. They are hard wearing even though they dont look it.

If you want something a bit left field go down to your local builders providers and check out their workwear. I have a pair of cargo pants by Dewalt that I use most of time out and about or at the rifle range. They can look smart and have loads of handy pockets, even pockets in the knees to put pads in which I find very useful. I can use them at the range on Sunday mornings and go straight to a formal dinner after. Very hard wearing, nice and cool in summer and warm in colder weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Check out the ripstop they might be a bit too tactical for what your looking for but they are great combats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Agree with krissivo there, iv a few pairs of dickies that could be worn to work. wear them out huntin all the time and they even stand up to barb wire. my favourate are snickers tho but they wont do for the ofice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Pants/Tactical-Pants.html
    Functional, hard wearing and smart enough for a casual office environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If you are looking for surplus a pair of Bundeswehr combats in black or New green wont go amiss.They are pretty tough wearing too.
    Or as said 511 Tactical.Although it is starting to "signature" alot as possible BG or LE or PMC in an urban enviroment.:)

Could also try.
    http://www.gumleaf.com/products/mens-moleskin-jeans/

Friend of mine swears by them in Germany.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

those 511 tacticals look to be exactly what im after

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭waterfordham

FYI, Outdoor shop on the Quay in Waterford has Moleskin Jeans. I'll be back in later in the week to see if they got my size in. Oh, and they were cheaper than the £49 on that site. I'll have to get a pair to see what they are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭alanmcqueen

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    If you are looking for surplus a pair of Bundeswehr combats in black or New green wont go amiss.They are pretty tough wearing too.
    Or as said 511 Tactical.Although it is starting to "signature" alot as possible BG or LE or PMC in an urban enviroment.:)

They can also "signature" alot as possible W. Mitty...

I like Bear Grylls Craghopper pants. Very durable and great pockets to keep your money in for a B&B when it gets dark.

Advertisement