Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reviews of Cisco Certified Network Associate IT Essentials

Options
  • 26-11-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Anybody completed the Cisco Certified Network Associate IT Essentials course. Is it worthe doing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

kala85 wrote: »
    Anybody completed the Cisco Certified Network Associate IT Essentials course. Is it worthe doing??

From what iv heard it looks pretty good on a CV as alot of places run Cisco kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

well, it's a 1 year course of the very basics of IT and networking, so if you are in a position where you are unable to get a job and want to spend a year doing the course then yes, it'll do fine as an entry level IT certification, but you could get yourself a helpdesk job at an ISP or something similar with very little in the way of IT experience as long as you are a bit of a geek and pick up the basics quickly.

in the same year that you would have spent doing the cisco course, you could easily study the A+ and Network+ courses in your spare time and complete the exams without too much hassle at all and you'd be earning and learning on the job as well.

vibe666 wrote: »
    well, it's a 1 year course of the very basics of IT and networking, so if you are in a position where you are unable to get a job and want to spend a year doing the course then yes, it'll do fine as an entry level IT certification, but you could get yourself a helpdesk job at an ISP or something similar with very little in the way of IT experience as long as you are a bit of a geek and pick up the basics quickly.

in the same year that you would have spent doing the cisco course, you could easily study the A+ and Network+ courses in your spare time and complete the exams without too much hassle at all and you'd be earning and learning on the job as well.

I got the impression that ccna was more recognised than N+. Iv done the A+ and im finishing the N+ at the moment. Both enjoyable courses.

Hijpo wrote: »
    I got the impression that ccna was more recognised than N+. Iv done the A+ and im finishing the N+ at the moment. Both enjoyable courses.
    yes, the CCNA is, but he's talking about the Cisco Certified Network Associate IT Essentials course, which is a 1 year foundation IT course that teaches pretty much the same as you'd learn doing the A+.

vibe666 wrote: »
    Hijpo wrote: »
    yes, the CCNA is, but he's talking about the Cisco Certified Network Associate IT Essentials course, which is a 1 year foundation IT course that teaches pretty much the same as you'd learn doing the A+.

Ah, i missed the essentials bit o_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

how basic is the course. Could i do the one above it without first doing this course.

kala85 wrote: »
    how basic is the course. Could i do the one above it without first doing this course.

Im doing the N+ as a stepping stone to CCNA. Check out professor messor for some videos.on course material

you can study the A+ in your spare time at home.

there's a very good book by mike meyers that a lot of people use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Certification-Seventh-220-701-220-702/dp/0071701338/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

it could do with an update, but i think he only updates it when they update the exams, so it's still going to give you what you need to pass.

between that and youtube vids you'll do fine :)

Advertisement