Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcitechture

• 26-11-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any info on the Architecture course. I am currently in first year Finance but I don't really know if its what I want to do with the rest of my life.

The main question is do you have to be really good from art from the offset? I like drawing and making stuff but I never did art for the LC so I am not very good. Do they start from the beginning in the course ?

Thanks
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Hi there, im in second year achitecture, and from my own experience I dont think you have to be really good at art. I didnt do art for the leaving. If you like drawing and making stuff youll fit right in, thats pretty much all we do. they'll teach you all the basics like how to use a drawing board, sketching techniques and all other things regarding architecture. were having an open day on wednesday the 30th from 3 to 5pm. Come along if you want and see it for yourself. Just be ready to never be seen on campus again and long hours of studio work.
    hope this helps, i can go into more detail if you want more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Thank you so much :) I might pop down to that on the 30th.

I don't think I have any other questions at the moment but.......if i think of any i will post it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Buddy of mine is in fourth year Architecture and he wasn't the least bit artistically talented. Was pretty decent at Tech Drawing though.

I'm back again!

I think I have decided that i will be moving to architecture next year .......... I came back to college with a positive attitude but i just don't enjoy the course.

I didn't make it to the open day cause I had an exam but I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information. I don't really know what to ask though.

any help would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

sorry it took so long to get back to you, we were in Amsterdam on a trip for the past week. one of the best people to talk to about changing course is Noirin Deedy the first year experience coordinator. she can go through the whole process of changing course. and she can put you in touch with some of the tutors in our building and possibly arrange a one to one tour of the building and they would definitely be able to help you. or if you have any other questions before you do that feel free to ask me anything, im one of the peer supporters for architecture, so I can definitely help you out.

• Advertisement

Thank you for getting back to me :)

I will get in contact with her within the next week or two so.

Thanks again

Advertisement