Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Success rate of searching for adopted sibling

• 26-11-2011 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

To cut a long story short I am looking to begin a search for my older brother that was put up for adoption in 82. I have his name , Date of birth and the adoption agencys name.

I have read through the guide on searching for somebody and i am just wondering if i went to the office in Roscommon, would my search be fruitful

thanks

x

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Going to Roscommon would likely be a trip that would be your initial gathering of information......

You would need to check his information against the adopted children's register- as the main birth books would only have the original birth certs.

You will probably have a number of matches from the Adopted Children's register- once you've narrowed it down to 4 or 5 possible candidates, next step is to rule these in or out- there are different ways of going about that- if you post here, once you've narrowed your search down, we can try to offer you further advice at that stage.

Advertisement