Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racism

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

not yet wrote: »
    when it is clearly stated that all AS should seek refugee status in the first safe country they arrive in.....

FFS how many times is this one going to come up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    FFS how many times is this one going to come up :rolleyes:

As many times as people ask the question, which may I add they are entitled to do. If you have a problem with it stop reading,simple really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

As many times as people ask the question, which may I add they are entitled to do. If you have a problem with it stop reading,simple really.

Read the links people post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59465073&postcount=3

There it is again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Or you could just learn the actual facts about the situation perhaps?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Or you could just learn the actual facts about the situation perhaps?
    What would they be then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Because you clearly don't have a clue about what you're talking about, spouting BS as fact, and basically undermining any argument you might have by so willfully wallowing in ignorance.

That do for an answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Step 1. Go back and read the links that have already been given to you.
    Step 2. Read them again.
    Step 3. Think.
    Step 4. Understand that your question has been answered.

(I realise Step 3 might be difficult but give it a go. You never know you might enjoy it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

ricero wrote: »
    racism is alive and kicking in dublin city and its getting worser each year. the amount of racism ive witnessed over the past 2 nights is madness. my mates refuse to get a taxi home if the driver is black.

they're YOUR mates - you picked them. If offended by their action you need new ones.
    also on friday night i saw 14 black teenagers smashing up cars and attacking people, then about 4 garda came and smashed the teens around with bats. i also heard one of the garda saying the word black bastard.

Sounds those teenagers were a shower of bastards and needed a beating and they were black.
    so point how the gardai were racist?

I'm sure watching this incident you did count properly to 14? and also enquire of the garda what he actually meant by those words without jumping to conclusions that what he said was meant as racist and set about bad mouthing the actions of a man who's job it is to make the streets safer? which we can assume is a good thing.

Einhard wrote: »
    Because you clearly don't have a clue about what you're talking about, spouting BS as fact, and basically undermining any argument you might have by so willfully wallowing in ignorance.

That do for an answer?

Yeah that's a perfect answer thank you mr wonderful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Degenerated thread is degenerate.
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Is this not the most obvious answer ever?

Does the racism card get played sometimes: Of course
    Is it played every time? Of course not.

/thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

My sister's dog doesn't like black people, Indians, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis.

When I take the dog out for walkies it only growls at and tries to attack passers-by who are black, India, Bangladeshi or Pakistani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I may be a little old fashioned but if somebody from the political correctness brigade could tell which terms are acceptable -

- The black man ate a sandwich
    - The man was Asian
    - The Chinese food was not nice
    - White people are so dumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Batsy wrote: »
    My sister's dog doesn't like black people, Indians, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis.

When I take the dog out for walkies it only growls at and tries to attack passers-by who are black, India, Bangladeshi or Pakistani.
    thats a bit hard in bolton isnt it? well,with bolton being heavily mixed race ,he woud be alright in horwich,westhaughton and blackrod but he may come across a number of agressive drunks and chavs in their trademark gang coloured;stripey tops,think thatd get anyone barking never mind a dog.

have heard of quite a few dogs who seem to act like they dont like a certain race,but it is probably to do with their visiual processing as they only see in black and white...apparently.

my mates refuse to get a taxi home if the driver is black.

Sounds like your mates are a bunch of ignorant c*nts to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I may be a little old fashioned but if somebody from the political correctness brigade could tell which terms are acceptable -

- The black man ate a sandwich OK
    - The man was Asian OK
    - The Chinese food was not nice OK
    - White people are so dumb RACIST

Not that f*cking hard is it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post

- The black man ate a sandwich OK
    - The man was Asian OK
    - The Chinese food was not nice OK
    - White people are so dumb RACIST
    Not that f*cking hard is it? :rolleyes:

Ah leave him alone.... He's white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Batsy wrote: »

How did she teach him that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Simple really....

The large influx of mainly Nigerian asylum seekers have contributed to the rise of racism in Ireland. so if we are debating this subject I would assume all areas that have an impact on it should be debated.

:D

Nigerians asylum seekers are responsible for racism! :D

Ireland was never racist until the blacks came!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »

- The black man ate a sandwich
    - The man was Asian
    - The Chinese food was not nice
    - White people are so dumb

LOL. I do wonder about these PC moaners, logic seems an issue.

You really have to ask?

4 is racist. Who would think the others are? They'd be morons.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

How did she teach him that?

Accidental. She used whack him on the nose with the Daily Mail when he crapped in the house.

K-9 wrote: »
    LOL. I do wonder about these PC moaners, logic seems an issue.

You really have to ask?

4 is racist. Who would think the others are? They'd be morons.

Of course 4 is racist and nobody but a moron would argue otherwise. But I do like the way you still try to imply that 'PC moaners' wouldn't agree with that.

Hilarious.

I always thought the number four was quite open minded.

3 is a magic number of course.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Of course 4 is racist and nobody but a moron would argue otherwise. But I do like the way you still try to imply that 'PC moaners' wouldn't agree with that.

Hilarious.

You think it's hilarious because that isn't what I said.

It was a dig at anybody moronic enough to think 1-3 are racist.

It was also a go at a stupid question.
    Anybody can see there is a clear difference between 1-3 and 4. Anybody arguing there isn't or that 4 isn't racist lacks basic logic.

Oh and by pc moaners I mean moaners about the pc brigade.

Anybody that agrees with something because its PC are a bit dumb and anybody that agrees with something because its anti pc are even dumber.

That pc enough for ya?

K-9 wrote: »
    You think it's hilarious because that isn't what I said.

It was a dig at anybody moronic enough to think 1-3 are racist.

It was also a go at a stupid question.
    Anybody can see there is a clear difference between 1-3 and 4. Anybody arguing there isn't or that 4 isn't racist lacks basic logic.

Oh and by pc moaners I mean moaners about the pc brigade.

Anybody that agrees with something because its PC are a bit dumb and anybody that agrees with something because its anti pc are even dumber.

That pc enough for ya?

Hah! I take it all back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

scatter wrote: »
    Does the racism card be played when ,what ever culture or nationality (travellers,non nationals,non whites,muslim,non catholic,etc)might not get whatever it thinks it should get ?
    Yes that card is being played. But europeans made this problem worse for themselves by taking over other people's lands. Um this discussion can and will go on for years.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

In my experience, yes a lot of times it is.

I posted about this more than once... Again speaking from experience, if I stop a black African at the door of a pub or club the race card is immediately thrown at me, and quite aggressively too - its a minefield and I'm very careful of my actions and what I say.

Member's of the travelling community will play it too, I'm 50/50 on this one.

Whilst I know they can be troublesome, personally speaking (again) I've only been in one row with traveler's in a bar and it was caused by a DJ making a stupid joke about traveler's.

Another minority I'd regularly have dealings with are Roma gypsy, who I've NEVER seen play the race card - if their told to stop selling rose's or begging around a pub/club door they'll leave and won't cause trouble.

Same as you get the Roma trying to come in dressed in suits, or as a couple - they know that we know what their game is and a nod or a simple 'no' and they'll leave so as not to draw attention to themselves.

There ya go OP, is that what you want?.

I agree with you.
    I worked for 3 years as a Doorman in London.
    I experienced the race card being played every time I refused any one who was not white.
    I put a stop to this when I took on a black Jamaican to work with me.
    He didn't get the race card played once, and neither did I after that.
    I decided it was time to quit when I was ahead, when I saw him get glassed in the face, not by whites, but by racist Asians we were refusing entry to.
    After a long Crown Court trial, the Asian who glassed my work mate in the face got off with a fine and 2 years probation. He played the race card in court, and avoided a custodial sentence.
    At that point I decided it was time to give up door work for good.
    Here is my observation regarding racism;
    In times of economic boom immigrants are welcomed by natives as the cheap labour force is needed.
    In times of economic bust immigrants are prejudiced against by natives as they are accused of taking all the jobs.
    This is the case the world over. Racism grows in recessions.
    My Irish parents experienced this when they came to London looking for work in 1960. They saw the No Blacks No Dogs No Irish signs in the boarding house windows.
    As a London-Irish child of the 1970's and 1980's I saw the English being racist to the Irish in London during the IRA's bombing campaign.
    During the Celtic Tiger boom years the Irish were more tolerant of the Eastern European migrant workers. Often they were willing to do the work that Paddy turned his nose up to. They kept working away all through the boom years, and although many went home after 2007; many of them kept their jobs that Paddy refused. Now Paddy would be grateful to have the jobs they kept.
    Now Ireland is in recession, many Irish are more racist towards Eastern Europeans, and Africans too.
    I moved to Ireland from London 2 years ago. I saw the way the Irish in London were treated during the recessions and the Troubles.
    I will never be racist in Ireland, as I remember what my parents went through as immigrants of the 1960's. It was hard for them to leave home and their families in Ireland; in search of work.
    The Irish would do well to remember that when they are racist now. Think of how we are being accommodated in Canada and Australia.
    I am London-Irish, and even I have experienced racism from Irish born Dubliners. I was in a Dublin pub watching the 1994 World Cup. A Dubliner heard my London accent and asked me why I was supporting the Republic of Ireland when I was English.
    I told him I was Irish. No you are not, you are English! He argued. I then pointed out that half of the team were born in England too.
    That was the strangest case of racism I have ever experienced, an Irish man being racist to an Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Same as you get the Roma trying to come in dressed in suits, or as a couple - they know that we know what their game is and a nod or a simple 'no' and they'll leave so as not to draw attention to themselves.

And you know they are 'Roma'...how?

'Racism Saved my Life'

(Lots of Profanity so NSFW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I hear you are a racist now father!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Simple really....

The large influx of mainly Nigerian asylum seekers have contributed to the rise of racism in Ireland. so if we are debating this subject I would assume all areas that have an impact on it should be debated.

They brought it on themselves, is that what you mean? Dear grud, thank feck I don't live in your parochial sceptic isle anymore :rolleyes:

old hippy wrote: »
    They brought it on themselves, is that what you mean? Dear grud, thank feck I don't live in your parochial sceptic isle anymore :rolleyes:
    Typical.........
    Where in the post do I say they brought it on themselves ?????
    The fact is rascim in Ireland has increased since cira: 2000. Which just happens to be around the time large numbers of mainly Nigerian asylum seekers came here, now you can agree or disagree but that my friend is a fact.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it's needs to be debated without the left or the pc police throwing around the race card,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Typical.........
    The fact is rascim in Ireland has increased since cira: 2000. Which just happens to be around the time large numbers of mainly Nigerian asylum seekers came here, now you can agree or disagree but that my friend is a fact.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it's needs to be debated without the left or the pc police throwing around the race card,.

Or maybe it was already there but with nobody to be racist towards, it wasn't actually visible?

Typical.........

You have no idea what a fact is.

Rarrr rabble rabble PC police.

You have no idea what a fact is.

Rarrr rabble rabble PC police.

Sorry....?

Makes me smile when people get on here with simple sweeping statements like that bullsh1t and try package it nicely for the pc gang. And I said pc.

Sorry....?

Makes me smile when people get on here with simple sweeping statements like that bullsh1t and try package it nicely for the pc gang. And I said pc.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You're pulling a load of correlative nonsense out of your hole because it suits your world view.

Then you wedge the PC police comment in there to just finally drive home how derivative and banal your nonsense actually is and how completely unwilling you are to take on board the distinct possibility that your view is terminally flawed.

You could have left that out. We got it beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jar Head

I don't know if there have been any studies done on it but I can't imagine that non-whites would be any less prejudiced than whites.

White folk might have more opportunity to express their prejudices i.e. discriminate because 'we' have more power and control of resources.
    " Also don't forget White people have the luck of the draw when it comes to be termed racist. Most People forget this but the reason is Only white countries have to put up with forced mass immigration of non-whites. No African country has a program in place where 100,000's of non-Blacks are shipped in.Nor has any asian country in fact tibet did but the world stood up & called it for what it was Anti-tibetian & Genocide. Of course if you stand up in white countries and say enough is enough.Your a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You're pulling a load of correlative nonsense out of your hole because it suits your world view.

Then you wedge the PC police comment in there to just finally drive home how derivative and banal your nonsense actually is and how completely unwilling you are to take on board the distinct possibility that your view is terminally flawed.

You could have left that out. We got it beforehand.
    I'm pulling nothing out of my asre thank you very much.

Im Simply stating a fact...yeah a fact that racism has increased in Ireland in the past 10 years, regardless of where that racism is aimed it's still a fact, So do me a favour and keep you college rethoric for someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jar Head

Ush1 "What?? South Africa for one had the Brits importing massive numbers of Indians as the Zulus would not work for them. " What's your point Ush1 ...you even said it yourself they "had" but good on them would you now say they are free. Wasn't it awful that those things happened & great they can now decide their own fate?

I'm pulling nothing out of my asre thank you very much.

Im Simply stating a fact...yeah a fact that racism has increased in Ireland in the past 10 years, regardless of where that racism is aimed it's still a fact, So do me a favour and keep you college rethoric for someone else.

You're pointing out a dubious correlation you've formulated yourself in order to attempt to make snide pathetic insinuations.

You can claim anything you posted in this thread is a fact all you want.

It does not make any of the nonsense you have spouted a fact. None of it. Regardless of how many times you say it is.

It must be difficult to pat yourself on the back so much with your fingers in your ears.

• Advertisement

Typical.........

Racism increases when different races arrive, don't mention the "race" card. Hmmmmm.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Jar Head wrote: »
    Ush1 "What?? South Africa for one had the Brits importing massive numbers of Indians as the Zulus would not work for them. " What's your point Ush1 ...you even said it yourself they "had" but good on them would you now say they are free. Wasn't it awful that those things happened & great they can now decide their own fate?

Didn't realise you put current program, my mistake. The reality though is that realistically no African country has a need for such a program(very few white people going there) or hasn't the resources for it.

You're pointing out a dubious correlation you've formulated yourself in order to attempt to make snide pathetic insinuations.

You can claim anything you posted in this thread is a fact all you want.

It does not make any of the nonsense you have spouted a fact. None of it. Regardless of how many times you say it is.

It must be difficult to pat yourself on the back so much with your fingers in your ears.
    Ok so, lets assume it's not a fact. Are you telling me there has been no increase in racist attacks or racism in general in Ireland in the past 10 years.

Actually they used Indians in quite a few colonies around the globe. Handy for the 'divide and conquer' method.

Typical.........

You're not my "friend", not with those kind of comments.

The racism simply happened to appear when black faces became more visible, is that what you mean?

What do you think that says about us, hmmm?

Ok so, lets assume it's not a fact. Are you telling me there has been no increase in racist attacks or racism in general in Ireland in the past 10 years.

And car crashes increased as more and more cars were made in the 1920's.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 player101

Racism is not something you are born knowing it is taught to you when you are a child, and eventually the numbers of adults teaching their children to be racist will die down as they themselves become more educated through experience of other cultures and races, not in the next 10 years but next 50 or so.

eventually the super race will really be born, it will have the body of the eastern european, a mixture of black and white skin (sallow), the penis of a black man or the "booty" of a black women and the long stunning red hair of the ginger man ( the ginger, the most oppressed race in the world! lol)

player101 wrote: »
    Racism is not something you are born knowing it is taught to you when you are a child, and eventually the numbers of adults teaching their children to be racist will die down as they themselves become more educated through experience of other cultures and races, not in the next 10 years but next 50 or so.

eventually the super race will really be born, it will have the body of the eastern european, a mixture of black and white skin (sallow), the penis of a black man or the "booty" of a black women and the long stunning red hair of the ginger man ( the ginger, the most oppressed race in the world! lol)

Dunno about "super races"; I celebrate cultural/racial melting pots but it's also nice to have all manner of peoples about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mehmoodhamid

I was coming with my brother and a crowd of kids started to through stones at us. My brother stopped and confront with them and when we moved they did again. I was badly hurt due to a stone but we decided to change the rout.

Unfortunately this is not first time. Once, some kids through garbage at me. Once we were cycling and few kids stopped and abuse.

The age of the kids are around 10-20 years.

Some times we see bunch of boys or kids, we hesitate that we should go ahead or should change the rout. Its really hurting and humiliating.

Anybody know who to cope this matter? Is there any proper platform where the complain properly lodged?

Thanks for your understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I was coming with my brother and a crowd of kids started to through stones at us. My brother stopped and confront with them and when we moved they did again. I was badly hurt due to a stone but we decided to change the rout.

Unfortunately this is not first time. Once, some kids through garbage at me. Once we were cycling and few kids stopped and abuse.

The age of the kids are around 10-20 years.

Some times we see bunch of boys or kids, we hesitate that we should go ahead or should change the rout. Its really hurting and humiliating.

Anybody know who to cope this matter? Is there any proper platform where the complain properly lodged?

Thanks for your understanding.

There's only a certain group in this country that do that and they don't reserve it just for foreign nationals my friend.

Your best mode is to throw rocks back or wait until one gets seperated from the group and send him back to his friends with a very clear message ;)

Advertisement