Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racism

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

old hippy wrote: »
    Are they, perchance, members of successive Fianna Fail Govts who lied, stole (allegedly, natch) and treated the electorate with contempt?

Which means they know that many claims were bogus

Can't cheat a cheater ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

scatter wrote: »
    Does the racism card be played when ,what ever culture or nationality (travellers,non nationals,non whites,muslim,non catholic,etc)might not get whatever it thinks it should get ?

Why so specific? There are loads of other religions aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Are they, perchance, members of successive Fianna Fail Govts who lied, stole (allegedly, natch) and treated the electorate with contempt?

Two were, one wasn't.

McDowell was a decent Justice Minister.

Anyway, if you have evidence to prove their claims wrong, produce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

What did Brian Lenihan, Dermot Ahern or Michael McDowell steal? Or is this just the old chestnut of discrediting every opinion a politician ever had because they were linked to an incompetent government party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

That show the amazing race, is that about white people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

IrishAm wrote: »
    Nah. Previous Justice Ministers Dermot Ahern, Lenihan and McDowell all stated that the vast majority of asylum seekers were bogus.

They would know, it being their brief and all.

....but theres no finding made as to whether or not they're bogus, so no, they wouldn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Two were, one wasn't.

McDowell was a decent Justice Minister.

Anyway, if you have evidence to prove their claims wrong, produce it.

You haven't produced any counter evidence yourself, in all fairness.

Just the usual blah blah blah about bogus asylum seekers.

Out of curiosity, have you ever met someone who has fled their country, out of desperation because of the horrors they encountered there? Kind of opens your mind, a bit.

token101 wrote: »
    What did Brian Lenihan, Dermot Ahern or Michael McDowell steal? Or is this just the old chestnut of discrediting every opinion a politician ever had because they were linked to an incompetent government party?

It's a counter to the old chestnut of discrediting every failed asylum seeker on the spurious belief that they are all "bogus".

You haven't produced any counter evidence yourself, in all fairness.

Just the usual blah blah blah about bogus asylum seekers.

Eh, no. I posted no blah, blah, blah about bogus asylum seekers.

I posted that three previous justice ministers stated that 90% of asylum seekers were bogus. These lads would know, it being their department and all that.

Dealing fairly but efficiently with the large number of unfounded asylum claims which are being received which represent over 90% of the total asylum applications being processed annually

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PR07000171

Out of curiosity, have you ever met someone who has fled their country, out of desperation because of the horrors they encountered there? Kind of opens your mind, a bit.

My mind is very open. But not so open that my brain would fall out.....

• Advertisement

It's a counter to the old chestnut of discrediting every failed asylum seeker on the spurious belief that they are all "bogus".

I didn't say all them were. Just ninety per cent. As did three other MoJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

scatter wrote: »
    silly person

Which?

Kasabien .... or the poster being referred to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yorbloke

Ireland is definitely heading towards this over political-correctness/EU-style pc complex. When I talk to some friends or colleagues I often have to bite my tongue trying not to say directly what I think about issues such as immigration, political correctness, human rights etc.

I am a foreigner in Ireland myself but I never felt marginalised or racially abused in any form. I get the usual slagging off when mispronouncing words or using odd phrasings, but who cares about that: I do the same for people with odd accents as a joke. These things are meant to be funny, someone might go too far (and that would usually be me) but they aren't supposed to hurt the other person you are laughing with.

So, if you move to a foreign country learn the language, accept the culture, respect the people and their laws and don't expect them to take you by the hand and guide you around everything. No one will like you if you pull the racist card every time someone looks at you in a weird way.

brilliantly put my friend and welcome to Ireland... I have actually received threatening emails from people who troll this website... and they called me a racist..!!! ahahaha its a joke really i'm never shocked at the dumbeness of people that includes myself too. At least was open in my anger towards a situation.. no big deal but i dont appreciate getting emails and dont appreciated the behaviour of boards.ie either. i have apologised for my post and told them about the emails i'm receiving and they have done nothing.
    Srameen was one of the people sending me emails...!!! nasty

well siad again Rararara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Nah. Previous Justice Ministers Dermot Ahern, Lenihan and McDowell all stated that the vast majority of asylum seekers were bogus.

They would know, it being their brief and all.
    Are there any links to Ministers Ahearn and Lenihan saying this because I cant find any evidence at all that either of them actually did.
    Links would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

yorbloke wrote: »
    brilliantly put my friend and welcome to Ireland... I have actually received threatening emails from people who troll this website... and they called me a racist..!!! ahahaha its a joke really i'm never shocked at the dumbeness of people that includes myself too. At least was open in my anger towards a situation.. no big deal but i dont appreciate getting emails and dont appreciated the behaviour of boards.ie either. i have apologised for my post and told them about the emails i'm receiving and they have done nothing.
    Srameen was one of the people sending me emails...!!! nasty

well siad again Rararara
    People who are really thankful to those who write posts they agree with are highly amusing. :pac:

Bet ya (1) The messages you got weren't abusive/threatening, and (2) They weren't sent to you by trolls.

Dudess wrote: »
    People who are really thankful to those who write posts they agree with are highly amusing. :pac:

Bet ya (1) The messages you got weren't abusive/threatening, and (2) They weren't sent to you by trolls.

1. you are easily amused.
    2. message was threatening
    3. not trolls but moderators.
    4. boards.ie does not support free speech
    5. boards.ie has its own agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

yorbloke wrote: »
    4. boards.ie does not support free speech
    Nope, it doesn't. It's a private enterprise so it can clamp down on whatever it likes.
    5. boards.ie has its own agenda.
    Only in your head. People are posting on this thread their anti immigration views no problem though. So what if Boards does not support a pro racist stance? You think it should...?

i dont care... their motto is now we're talking.. but only to their views or agenda... it should be a free for all. then the lines are not blurred. but if their is censorship by the powers that be which is boards.ie then there is an agenda. an agenda by a few truth bearers that is not free speech.. the site is a joke to be honest. too much power given to a few. its laughable. glad i've only posted 20 odd times... would of been banned long ago and it wont be long now anyway.
    i've told a few moderators to **** off at this stage.. they've been emailing me and banning me from threads for next to nothing... moderator bum chum system going on..
    take it easy dudess

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:
    yorbloke removed to benefit the mod agenda.

Just like anyone else yorbloke, if you have problems with mod decisions there is a clear dispute resolution procedure. Don't take your gripes to AH. It's petty. If you actually have something of note to get off your chest use the correct channels to do so.

My mind is very open. But not so open that my brain would fall out.....

Just 90% of it, maybe?

Advertisement