Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avalon Health Insurance

Options
  • 26-11-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone got health insurance through this crowd or heard anything about them http://www.avalonhealthcare.com/

My mum passed on a flyer thing for them and they seem to have very good prices, but I dont know anyone with them thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

nobody then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

The website looks more like insurance for American residents than for Cork.

With all the price hikes I might have to cancel my VHI so if there was anything there for me I'd appreciate knowing about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

psychward wrote: »
    The website looks more like insurance for American residents than for Cork.

With all the price hikes I might have to cancel my VHI so if there was anything there for me I'd appreciate knowing about it

Are you on the cheapest option with them? Ring them up and tell them you might have to cancel, hopefully they might be able to do something for you.
    Personally I'd never cancel, sure as sh*t if I did something would go wrong with me the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

54kroc wrote: »
    Are you on the cheapest option with them? Ring them up and tell them you might have to cancel, hopefully they might be able to do something for you.
    Personally I'd never cancel, sure as sh*t if I did something would go wrong with me the next day.

I was on plan B for years , then switched to corporate last year. I added my newborn for some kind of deal for about 100 euro per year but think that might rocket when the time is up. I've been paying in for over 10 years and haven't even claimed once not even for a GP visit. It amounts to a lot of money for nothing. It hasnt even given peace of mind as you always worry about the next price hike thats on the way. I've been considering cancelling mine but somehow at least make any and all possible sacrifices to keep my newborn covered for as long as it takes. I have no idea really what the difference is if you are on the absolute cheapest plan. I think I will check that out.

Advertisement