Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with pressure water pump, working but not pumping

• 26-11-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

I have a water pump similar to the one in the picture, It runs but does not pump, you can see water in the inlet pipe struggling to get to the pump, I do see that the pressure gauge isn't working and never worked..

any ideas why it won't pump?

107_31111TIP_Hww_1200_25.jpg

inlet pipe is approx 8 metres long

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

That's an airlock I'd say.... can you manually get the pipe filled with water?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

no... the water would simply run back into the well... unless I fit a non return valve.... maybe that might work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

It does sound like an airlock , like the pump was starved of water , is there a nut on the top of the pump body that yoj can screw loose to bleed the pump chamber , make sure the pump is turned off when priming it , also you should replace the gauge so the pressure switch can be set properly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You should have a non-return valve fitted as a matter of course.

Advertisement