Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please help me find simple e reader

• 26-11-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi all... i want to buy an e reader. problem is most short stories i have in pdf form and most reviews of e readers say they have problems with these. i just want a simple e reader that can handle pdfs and being able to play music an extra bonus.. im not tech savy so the most basic the best. also my budget not very big.. thank so much
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The kindle can handle PDFs but it's not perfect. The text can be a little small/requires you to zoom in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shelly86

ok.. thanks a il for reply...from what i hear that seems to be a problem with a lot of e readers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

If you read a lot of pdfs specially with illustrations, graphs etc. Kindle might not be for you. I have one, but now I know I should get Sony Reader which handles pdfs much better. I see on the Internet many people getting a third party software for Kindle called Duokan only to read pdfs.
    This comparison of Sony and Kindle exlpains the issue well:
    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2010/09/29/amazon-kindle-vs-sony-reader-touch-how-do-they-handle-pdfs/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shelly86

fando thanks a million for the reply and info... lots of help :)

Advertisement