Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent hot chocolate in Cork City?

Options
  • 26-11-2011 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Although I prefer to make my own hot choc at home, when out and about in this cold weather I love a mug of rich hot chocolate (Spanish-style if possible). Anyone know where I can get a decent one? If anyone knows of cafés serving the Eraclea brand, even better again! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

Italee on Oliver Plunkett St is pretty good for a decent thick hot chocolate, I used to like Cafe Depeche as well but the last two times I went there it was cr*p, an email to their contact address on their website to whinge got no response so I've given up on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

Thanks a lot! This must be a new place, but I'll be sure to check it out. Sounds like it's a nice place too judging from the comments I've just seen on this page
    http://corkitalianschool.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/new-an-italian-coffe-in-cork-city-centre/

... and a good place to practice Italian. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

O'Conaill's Chocolate Shop do amazing hot chocolate. by far my favourite!
    http://www.yelp.ie/biz/o-conaills-chocolate-shop-cork

butlers do a good one too, i usually get their home kits and make them myself(its 4.95 for 10 cups).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

O'Conaill's use actual chocolate to make theirs (or at least they used to, haven't got one in a while) whereas most other places use that awful chocolate syrup stuff. There's no comparison.

Thanks, I've heard Butler's is good too actually! Will be sure to check out O Conaills as well - those reviews are something else! Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Also try the Chocolate Stall in the English Market (near the fountain) - lovely hot chocolate made from the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

opus wrote: »
    I used to like Cafe Depeche as well but the last two times I went there it was cr*p, an email to their contact address on their website to whinge got no response so I've given up on them.

why didn't you say it to them in person? No point in moaning over email, say it to them and give them the chance to rectify the problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The whole grain I think Its called just across the way from finns corner is nice,also I love the hot chocolate in puccinos in the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

why didn't you say it to them in person? No point in moaning over email, say it to them and give them the chance to rectify the problem.

I took it back & swapped it for a cup of coffee so indeed told the person who was working there that day but given they change every few weeks/months don't think they really care hence my email to hq.

Great, thanks for the further suggestions. Now, I have a wide range of cafés to choose from, I'll be trying them all and will report back soon on my findings. :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

opus wrote: »
    I took it back & swapped it for a cup of coffee so indeed told the person who was working there that day but given they change every few weeks/months don't think they really care hence my email to hq.

ah I see, fair enough, you did all you could do before voting with your feet. Interesting to see there are still companies out there obviously doing 'too' well in these recessionary times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Am I the only one that does not like O Conaill's? I love hot chocolate but the one time that I went there I found it disgusting. I had heard so much about the place and was really looking forward to going there but I was really disappointed. Even the cookie I got was inedible.

Advertisement