Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second-hand clothes

Options
  • 26-11-2011 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Would anyone know of any shops buying clothes second-hand (non-designer)? I know many charity shops take clothes, but I'd prefer to sell what I have.

Failing that, I'd be interested in swap shops. Is the UCC Fashion Society still running their one?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dhoun

There's a place on Church Road, Carrigaline. Don't know if you'd get a good price though ... they're paying 70 cent per kilo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You'll end up using one of the Cash for Clothes outfits. I'm not a fan of them, they just export them abroad and make ridiculous profit as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Owen wrote: »
    You'll end up using one of the Cash for Clothes outfits. I'm not a fan of them, they just export them abroad and make ridiculous profit as a result.

exactly!! so much for charity..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

Owen wrote: »

Not aware of these, but I'd certainly prefer to keep cash and clothes local. Will just sell what I can then over the Internet and give the rest to charity shops. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

How about adverts.ie? It might take a while to sell everything but you'd get more there than you'd get from a secondhand shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement