Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircom router wireless

• 26-11-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

My aunt is looking for a new printer - I saw the wireless Epson that's in Easons at the moment. She says her router has Motorola 12VDC on it, but she wouldn't be clued in enough to be able to tell me if that's wireless or not, and there's not much info on the eircom website.
    Also I have no experience in wireless printers - are they likely to be a hassle and should I just look for a regular USB one for her.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Eircoms routers are wireless yes.

you have two choices here, get a printer with a network card and plug it into the router or a printer with a wireless card and put it in range of the wireless network.

If wireless, the logon details to the eircom router wirelessly will be on the back of the eircom router and instructions with the printer.

if the computer she's using is windows 7 just ask it to add a printer and search for it on the network and windows should do the rest.

M

Advertisement