Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Info needed

• 26-11-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

I need info from regular poker players on various sites,my bank account was debited 120 over 2 days from what my online banking says pkrser.com,now I googled that site and its some american financial site and a few workmates reckon that its actually pkr.com or pokerstars????

I dont even know how to play poker so my card looks like it was used for it,can any of you regulars check your online banking and help me confirm it???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Turns out it was a party poker account,got it suspended as its investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

You mean an account other than your own?

If that's the case, you've got to watch out for Phishing in your emails. I've been victim of it before but luckily I caught it quite early and managed to secure my cash.

Fart wrote: »
    You mean an account other than your own?

If that's the case, you've got to watch out for Phishing in your emails. I've been victim of it before but luckily I caught it quite early and managed to secure my cash.

Yeh he opened it in my name with my card just have to wait a week or two to hear how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Did you get the name of the person who opened the account or more likely the account that he dumped the funds to.

He probably played someone heads up and lost the money to them so that they could withdraw it and if that is the case party will realise it and take action.

Did you give your details to a Nigerian prince who needed to park a few million in your account while he fled his familys oppressive regime and was going to let you keep 10%?

Did you get the name of the person who opened the account or more likely the account that he dumped the funds to.

He probably played someone heads up and lost the money to them so that they could withdraw it and if that is the case party will realise it and take action.

Did you give your details to a Nigerian prince who needed to park a few million in your account while he fled his familys oppressive regime and was going to let you keep 10%?

No im not that thick in fairness I would say the card was skimmed in town,party poker are being awkward cnuts at the moment,the bank has refunded the money just waiting on party poker to get their asses in gear,im sick of their call centre in India.

• Advertisement

There are tracking sites that might aid with this.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ will allow you to see who the lad played against after depositing into your account.

There are tracking sites that might aid with this.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ will allow you to see who the lad played against after depositing into your account.

It wasnt my account,I dont even know how to play poker,he opened the account in my name with my card.

Since you have been refunded there is nothing much more than can be done beyond cancelling the card and having the bank issue you a new one.

Since you have been refunded there is nothing much more than can be done beyond cancelling the card and having the bank issue you a new one.

Already done but id love to find out who skimmed it.

If they are clever enough to have skimmed it they are clever enough not to have directly dumped (lost) the money to an account in their name so you wont find that out if they were professional skimmers.

If it is some dodgy person in a restaurant or the like they may have made a mistake like that but party poker won't give you the name of the person of the account where the majority of the money was dumped to.

I can't see how you will find out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement