Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What if?

• 26-11-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

I dont know where to place this so here will do!

So heres another one of my what if's.

So oil seems to be where all american's feel they are safe to invest that oil is needed.

But imagine on monday morning if Ireland,United Kingdom Banned oil from being used to heat houses and Europe followed suit and it became illegal except on cars do be died out all in good time when the technology is there for fast cars.

Then the people who said that there is no need for the future of green energy right now would feel very stupid. :pac:

That would be the highlight of my year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

No oil? I'd just use the gas central heating as normal. Or back home I'd just go through my supply of wood a bit faster than usual

There are a few oil fired power stations in ireland. These would have to go but I'm not sure if shutting them down would cause rolling blackouts for most of us.

How would they enforce "except in cars"?

Is it any type of oil they want to ban or just derivatives of crude oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah China would love that with all the coal they have. They already own the US after buying all the national debt from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

ok well add to that.

Only hydro, wind and solar Nuclear can be used. with electric cars to be brought in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I use gas and solid fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Good question OP - America's economy is so largely depended on the Petro-dollar that if a country decided not to use oil then it could end up in war.

Also an alternative to oil is nuclear power - Perhaps we should be investing in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Good question OP - America's economy is so largely depended on the Petro-dollar that if a country decided not to use oil then it could end up in war.

Also an alternative to oil is nuclear power - Perhaps we should be investing in it.

nuclear powered cars?

alquaeda likes this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Oil lubricates capitalism. It's a nice idea but it's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Advertisement