Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a septic tank emptied in Clare

• 26-11-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I need to get my septic tank emptied, preferably legally! Can anyone tell me how much I'm likely to be charged? Or recommend any companies? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

There's a guy, called Sh*tcart Johnny, afaik.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I need to get my septic tank emptied, preferably legally! Can anyone tell me how much I'm likely to be charged? Or recommend any companies? Thanks.

about a ton legally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

farmer, slurry tank, few bob, job done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

HI Mac, sent you a PM with a number of a good guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I dread to think of the consequences if farmers are dumping it into fields - I don't think it's legal anyway, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's illegal to use a non-certified person to empty a septic tank, I would recommend contacting Clare County Council who should be able to help you by naming people for you to contact

http://www.clarecoco.ie/water-waste-environment/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

I agree with both Jim and Clareman - the guy I recommended has ClareCoCo links and is expensive because they charge so much at their treatment facility, he provides receipts/documentation, etc also....I just PM`d as it is not up to me to put his number on a forum:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Abate Environmental. Local man and cheap. All above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macushlablue

Thanks for all the suggestions and messages....got it done legally and above board by Dave Smith in Kilrush (not sure of the company name) for what I thought was quite a reasonable price - considering the alternative!

Advertisement