Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas cards for animal charities

Options
  • 26-11-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I'd like to buy christmas cards for a good cause this year. Does anyone here know of animal charities selling Christmas cards? Unlike people, animals have no voice so I'd like to support these charities where at all possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Have a look at the link below.
    https://animalcaresociety.ie/store/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

DAWG are selling cards, and the Irish Guide Dogs have a stand in town at the farmer's market thing outside the Library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

54kroc wrote: »

Fantastic, thanks. I've checked out their site, but I'd really prefer not to buy online, plus I can't see what kind of pictures are on their cards. Pity. I've email though to see if there are other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

Owen wrote: »
    DAWG are selling cards, and the Irish Guide Dogs have a stand in town at the farmer's market thing outside the Library.

Thank you! Is that outside Cork City Library? Do you happen to know if all the proceeds go to the charity? (I've heard that the sales price of many cards ends up covering cost of the cards themselves.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

esperanza1 wrote: »
    Fantastic, thanks. I've checked out their site, but I'd really prefer not to buy online, plus I can't see what kind of pictures are on their cards. Pity. I've email though to see if there are other options.

They have a shop in Togher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Charity2020

The Irish Guide Dogs is the one I have seen more supported in recent years. It would be interesting to see if there are others who may struggle to promote themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

esperanza1 wrote: »
    54kroc wrote: »

If you buy online more money goes to the charity I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

The DAWG ones are on sale in Lush on Oliver Plunkett St and calendars too. All the money for their sale is going directly to the charity so I dont see why they wold get more money if you buy them online.

Advertisement