Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from wrestling forum.

Options
  • 26-11-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I have been banned from the wrestling forum as it has been claimed I am advertising a DVD. The mod of the forum section asked me to post here to speak about the issue.

1. I did not start the original thread of the DVD - this was done long before I even joined.

2. My posts were mostly in conversation with other users - should I have just stopped replying??

3. The DVD in question isn't exactly some obscure release (Bloodstained Memoirs) and stars some of wrestlings biggest superstars.

4. The post I put up yesterday which caused the ban (a link from a news site) showing a video with Christy Hemme according to their Facebook had 4K hits in 24 hours - why should the video be excluded form this site exactly??

5. The mod actually cites others talking about the DVD as a reason for my ban!

6. The mod also had issue with me quoting the DVD's twitter page about behind the scenes factoids of the promotion (in a single post) but states as it was "sixteen" facts this is somehow not acceptable (he also states they were all positive facts - so if I were slagging this product off - would I still be allowed to post?) In fact I think all of my posts of the subject were within a topic which was made to talk about the DVD - which I didn't even start?? No bumping except for my first post as didn't feel the need to start a new thread.

So basically I think this ban is very unfair and I feel it should be lifted. The DVD clearly has a large following and as I also said to the mod, this was in the Amazon top 10 this month - so why should in depth discussion be banned? I just don't see the issue. The mod has stated to me if I repeatedly talked about any subject in the same manner I would be banned - so why is everybody not banned for tlaking about the WWE promotion within the wrestling discussion forum?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You need the dispute resolution forum my friend, this is not dealt with in feedback any more. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As you've started a thread in the DRF I'm closing this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement