Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue and groove V sheeting

• 26-11-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Well all, going to v-sheet my new extension's vaulted ceiling going to use t and g boards. The room in which this vaulted ceiling is in has still no heating there is going to be a solid fuel stove put in question is should I wait until I have the stove installed to start the timber ceiling. Reason I ask this is incase the boards shrink at the joints or twist should the timber be stored at room temperature for a week or so before fitting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Toshi 321
    If you buy your TGV boards shrink wrapped it will have a moisture content of approx 10%. If they are not shrink wrapped they will have a moisture content of between 12 and 14%. Leave the timber for about a week to acclimatise before installation. For fire safety you will need to slab and skim joints with at least a half inch slab. This will give you a rating of about half hour. TGV are alovely ceiling.
    NW

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

North West wrote: »
    Hi Toshi 321
    If you buy your TGV boards shrink wrapped it will have a moisture content of approx 10%. If they are not shrink wrapped they will have a moisture content of between 12 and 14%. Leave the timber for about a week to acclimatise before installation. For fire safety you will need to slab and skim joints with at least a half inch slab. This will give you a rating of about half hour. TGV are alovely ceiling.
    NW
    Cheers northwest have already slabed the ceiling just was wondering bout acclimatisation tanks for the reply il have to get this stove goin

Advertisement