Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus From Dublin City To Wexford Or Waterford

• 26-11-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

I'll planning on going up to Dublin tomorrow for a concert. I'm wondering if they are any buses going late tomorrow night to either Wexford town or Waterford City? By late I mean around 10 or later.

Also, I'm not that familiar with Dublin City but would any of those buses be going anywhere near Temple Bar since that's the area I'll be going to. It might be a stupid question but like I said, I'm not too familiar with Dublin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wexford Bus seems to have one http://wexfordbus.com/timetables/wexford-dublin-airport/

Temple Bar to George's Quay is about 5/10 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/images/events/amended%20dub%20-%20Waterford%20TT.pdf

JJ Kavanagh's have late-night services to/from Waterford City. Buses depart from the quay opposite the Custom House at 2315 and 0055. €12 return for a student - you can get a day return or an "open" return - i.e. 30 days. You can pay the driver and they'll give you change, but occasionally their float can be a bit low so try to have the exact fare.

Note that JJ buses to Clonmel and other parts of the country also depart from that stop, often at a similar time. Check with the driver to be sure that it's actually going to Waterford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Suas11 wrote: »
    Also, I'm not that familiar with Dublin City but would any of those buses be going anywhere near Temple Bar since that's the area I'll be going to. It might be a stupid question but like I said, I'm not too familiar with Dublin.

No such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid answers !

The bus that stops at Custom House Quay is a 10 minute walk to Temple Bar. When you get off the bus, walk west back up the quays towards town/O'Connell St. Cross over O'Connell Bridge. The road forks then. D'oiler St is the left fork. Westmoreland St is the right fork. Walk towards Westmoreland St. There'll be an O'Carrolls Irish Gift Shop on the corner.The first street you come to on the right, is the entrance to Temple Bar. There is a Thai Orchard restaurant on the corner. Turn right there and you are in Temple Bar.

If you get the bus that stops at Georges Quay, again, walk west towards town/O'Connell St. Turn left onto Westmoreland St & follow the same directions above. Five minute walk tops. The quays can be a bit doggy late at night. This would be a shorter walk for you to get the bus home, but you pass Tara St DART station (junkie hangout) on the way to the Georges Quay bus stop, so keep your wits about you.

Advertisement