Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster game in clohesseys

• 26-11-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

hey guys and gals im just wondering are Clohesseys showing the game on the tg4 coverage or is there an english comentary coverage out there???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There are tickets available for the match and you are going to watch it in a pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

would they not be showing it on sky sports? bad form if they're not! incidentally, go leinster, hehe :p

oh, and avoid the guinness in clohessys Icky, it lives up to YOUR username- icky! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

tickets would cost 20-40 quid depending where i wanna be. my mates have seawson passes so wouldnt be with them. i cant affoird to get a ticket and go on the beer so going on the beer for the match seems like the cheaper/warmer option. dopnt get me wrong id like to head out but my reasons are valid i think:D

yea i heard about the guiness alright :P

great win for leinster but to be honest i couldnt see them losing it

sidenote# i think i found an english steam:) yes yes i did. guess i wont be heading out til later. cup a tea is just as good as a pint at times lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

xsiborg wrote: »
    would they not be showing it on sky sports? bad form if they're not! incidentally, go leinster, hehe :p

oh, and avoid the guinness in clohessys Icky, it lives up to YOUR username- icky! :o

Skysports only have the rights to the Heinekin Cup.

i just turned on the radio there and its being broadcast on 95fm in english, almost over now anyway... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The problem with watching on TG4 and listeneing on 95FM is the sync.
    Len Dineen will usually be commenting about 10/15 seconds ahead of the TG4 pictures.
    This mightn't sound like much but it is very frustrating.
    Your best bet (in future) is to tune into the local TV of the other team, eg BBC Scotland, and see if they are doing the commentary in English.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I always enjoy listening to the coverage as Gaeilge... >_>

:pac:

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Len Dineen will usually be commenting about 10/15 seconds ahead of the TG4 pictures.
    Your best bet (in future) is to tune into the local TV of the other team, eg BBC Scotland, and see if they are doing the commentary in English.

it was on bbc (scotish version) so it was in gaelic aswell:D i found an english stream online though so all was good

i just turned on the radio there and its being broadcast on 95fm in english, almost over now anyway... :o

i never even thought it would be on limerick 95. i was trying newstalk. at least it was a good win anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

FYI,

The local, 95FM, do a live broadcast for most home (and some away) Munster cup and league games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

I only find this if watching via Sky/UPC (satellite). Watching TG4 through a 'terrestrial' areal or whatever you'd call it there's less of a delay if any. I remember this from watching GAA matches with the RTE pictures but the local commentaries vis the radio.

I only find this if watching via Sky/UPC (satellite). Watching TG4 through a 'terrestrial' areal or whatever you'd call it there's less of a delay if any. I remember this from watching GAA matches with the RTE pictures but the local commentaries vis the radio.

thats where i got the idea aswel, as IO posted, i was fine with the commentary as gaeilge on tg4 but then i remembered my father in law when theres a club GAA match on, he turns on his local radio station tipp fm for the commentary in english, so i figured maybe it'd be on 95fm, only i was too late for the OP... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭finbarrk

No league games on SS.

finbarrk wrote: »
    No league games on SS.

ah i didnt realise or consider the whole tv rights thing at all, i just assumed it'd be on sky sports was all, my bad... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

I generally if I'm at the home games a lone I'll listen to the commentary on the radio. 95fm are actually broadcasting live with no lag with play. news talk and radio1 are about 10 seconds out. If you have sky plus you can pause the play and by streaming the radio on line you get enough of a lag to get them in sync. Pain in the arse tho pausing and starting each to get them in sync. Often ends up like a badly dubbed movie

Advertisement