Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolts for Extra Security From Within

• 26-11-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be posted in DIY forum? Mods please move if necessary.

The amount of forced entry breakin's down here when people at home is really scary'

I want to fit some top and bottom bolts of some sort to the front and back pvc doors.

The bolt would be screwed to the side frame of the door but would the receiver go on the door frame which obviously is lower than the door or would the bolt have to slide into a hole drilled in the wall reveal:confused:

My doors open inwards, here is a pic of my front and back doors. Only a 2" reveal on front door.

Front Door:

FRONTDOOR1.jpg

Rear Door:

REARDOOR.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah, I reckon you will get better help in DIY.
    Moved..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

*bump*

Advertisement