Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams :D

Options
  • 26-11-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Surpised this thread hasn't been started already!

So with two weeks today till the off, how're ye all fixed?

Personally I'm trying alternating between trying to pretend its not happening and contemplating jumping off my balcony in the hope for something that merits extenuating circumstances :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

misslt wrote: »
    Surpised this thread hasn't been started already!

So with two weeks today till the off, how're ye all fixed?

Personally I'm trying alternating between trying to pretend its not happening and contemplating jumping off my balcony in the hope for something that merits extenuating circumstances :P

You have your own balcony?!If you have your own balcony then you can afford to pay the repeat fee in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

You have your own balcony?!If you have your own balcony then you can afford to pay the repeat fee in the summer.

Yep its about 3 square feet.

Also, slightly beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

misslt wrote: »
    Yep its about 3 square feet.

Also, slightly beside the point.

Oh my bad, that's a middle class balcony.

I have 2 exams and then two take home ones and one in semester next week, so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

I've got like 10 essays to do before exams start so haven't even thought of them yet!! eeeeeep :|

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm terrified, finding this semester very tough, and with only 13 days left, there isn't enough time :eek: I'm in from the first day (10th) to the last day (21st) so most of my exams are nicely spaced out, but there's a cluster of 3 on consecutive days in the middle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I have two exams on the 10th, one on the 12th and one on the 14th :eek::eek::eek::eek: and only starting to study properly today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've pushed a few of mine back til this time next year so I only have 5.

Still haven't heard when one of them is though...

I have three exams this week which are worrying me more than the December exams >_<.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I've two exams worth 100%, not looking forward to them!

My exams are fairly spread out though so it could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I've exams on the 10th, 14th, 16th and 21st, plus a take-home essay on the 6th.

I'm disliking this whole 'finishing on the last day' business. It's making work hours quite difficult. I need to work if my family wants anything better than shower gel for Christmas...

On the plus side, continuous assessment ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Why is there a happy face in the title?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Sheer panic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Siuin wrote: »
    Why is there a happy face in the title?!

They obviously really like the guy that makes the announcements and miss his razor sharp wit and ruggedly handsome face. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

EmilyO wrote: »
    I've exams on the 10th, 14th, 16th and 21st, plus a take-home essay on the 6th.

I'm disliking this whole 'finishing on the last day' business. It's making work hours quite difficult. I need to work if my family wants anything better than shower gel for Christmas...

On the plus side, continuous assessment ftw :D
    I know what ya mean, I'm on 10th to 21st too. Its hard to cut down work hours especially given its that comin up to Christmas.
    Its not all bad though. First exam is the 10th, 6pm, next ones aren't till the 13th, 14th (two on this day :( ) and 15th, so I'll have all of Monday and Sunday to study for them.
    Then 6 days till my last exam, so I can completely neglect it untill that last week :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Is there much space to lock a bike at RDS Anglesea Road? Are there bike racks or any suitable railings? Is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Is there much space to lock a bike at RDS Anglesea Road? Are there bike racks or any suitable railings? Is it safe?

Always loads of bikes locked there to the railings, you can lock it anywhere its not blocking anything really. I cycled to the RDS for 5 years for exams and never had an issue with safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

Thinking about dropping a subject at this late hour. Have 7 exams, 6 of which have 0 CA and are 100% exams. Do I just go to my Programme Office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

spillit67 wrote: »
    Thinking about dropping a subject at this late hour. Have 7 exams, 6 of which have 0 CA and are 100% exams. Do I just go to my Programme Office?

FYI you'll be charged for the module that you take up instead of it. It would be the Programme Office you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Quick question, Im in first year so these are my first exams and i was wondering what exactly are we allowed take to the exam? I mean if we're walking down or taking the bus are we allowed bring a bag or do we've to carry water, pens etc in our hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Quick question, Im in first year so these are my first exams and i was wondering what exactly are we allowed take to the exam? I mean if we're walking down or taking the bus are we allowed bring a bag or do we've to carry water, pens etc in our hands?
    You are allowed to take in your stationary, your student card and water into the exam. You can bring in your phone but it must be turned off and left under your desk. There is a cloakroom where you can pay them €2 to mind your bag, however alot of people just leave the bags outside the exam hall which is quite safe as long as their is nothing of huge value in your bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I would not leave anything of any value in your bag, especially if not in the "cloakroom".

• Advertisement

Remember to double check your exam timetable - you'd be surprised, people have turned up on the wrong day / at the wrong time for their exam!

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/Confirmed_semester_1_exam_timetable_1112.pdf

Also the timetable that SIS gives you (personalised to your own exam timetable) can make it look like exams are a week earlier/later than they actually are, check the actual dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I've no exams this year thankfully. I miss the guy who makes UCD exam announcements, but other than that I'm happy to able to start to look forward to Christmas before the 22nd for a change.

Advertisement