Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Builds

Options
  • 26-11-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Brother and father both want new machines and me to build them. So here's roughly what I'm thinking:

Brother: Budget around a 1000 Euro including a 24" Monitor. I'm thinking a 128GB SSD with 2TB HD (yes, I know they're expensive). A 6950 or similar, a mobo with Crossfire/SLI capability and an i5 2500K. Using it for gaming, office work and a hell of a lot of online poker.

Father: Budget nor really important, it's going to be pretty low end. Thinking 21" Monitor, i3 processor, 8GB memory, something lower end like a 5770 or similar. Never going to be used for SLI or similar, going to need a SSD and HD again. Main thing is reliability here.

Cases for both, I'm thinking of a Fractal Define R3, (both like my Define XL). But for my father a smaller case might be an idea perhaps so I wouldn't mind some ideas here.

Cannot buy off either HVS or scan.co.uk. I'm thinking of using Overclockers or similar for this. I do have ideas for both builds obviously but ideas and advice always welcome.

Comments

Advertisement