Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free when entering Australia

Options
  • 26-11-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, flying out to Australia in a couple of weeks and am just wondering what's the story on duty free. I am a smoker but not sure what you would be let bring in. Also as we are flying at 7am I'm just wondering will the shops in terminal 2 be open.

Thanks in advance for the replies and I hope I've posted in the right place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rediguana25

If you're flying via HK or Singapore buy them there and throw them in your carry on. They are much cheaper. I bought them when i arrived in duty free in sydney and they were about $70 (duty free) compared to about 15eur in HK for 200

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If flying Eithad, Abu dhabi has them for $15 for 200 ... When you fly it's clearly written put what you can take etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

anyone now the limit for bring duty free ciggys into new zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I cant remember the limits but if you google it you'll find it. I wouldnt take more then the limit, they scan your bags and they will take it off you so no point in bringin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi all. Hope someone can enlighten me. I'm heading to nz via UAE and Sydney. Can I buy spirits in the UAE and still be able to take them into nz or is the 100 ml limit stop this. ?? Is the only place to buy duty free to take to nz have to be Sydney.
    Cheers and hope someone can advise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You can buy duty-free on arrival at Australian international airports, so you don't have to buy it on departure, or in transit airports, and have to lumber it around with your cabin baggage.

Where is it cheapest? Well, that depends on what exactly you want to buy and which airports you will pass through on the way. It may well be cheaper in one of the transit airports than in Australia. The only way to check this is to price it, if you can, on the websites of the various airports that you will be going through.

Some airports - like Singapore - are largely geared towards transit passengers, and they have huge duty-free facilities, with a wide range of goods. So in terms of choice, variety, etc you may prefer to browse there than to choose from what could be a smaller range on arrival in Australia.

Advertisement