Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smelly fridge!

• 26-11-2011 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Why do fridges smell so bad? Every one I've ever had lasts a few years, then they turn into disgusting smell generators. Why is this?

Also, why does water seem to be constantly running down the back of them? My current fridge has a little pool of water in the bottom of it every time I open the door!!!!!!:mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I'm guessing that your fridge is a frost-free model (doesn't have an icebox). The water running down the back is the fridge automatically defrosting. There should be a little hole on the bottom at the back to drain this water, sometimes the hole gets blocked. You can unblock it by plunging it with something like a toothpick if you haven't got the tool that came with the fridge. The smell is probably from the stagnant water. Wash the fridge out with bread soda dissolved in water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

a small dish of breadsoda left in the fridge will also absorb any odours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Wyldwood wrote: »
    The water running down the back is the fridge automatically defrosting. There should be a little hole on the bottom at the back to drain this water, sometimes the hole gets blocked. You can unblock it by plunging it with something like a toothpick if you haven't got the tool that came with the fridge. The smell is probably from the stagnant water.

+1

There should be a tray at the back of the fridge just above the compressor, the tray collects the water which then evaporates from the heat of the compressor, that's how this type of fridge is designed. If the water is collecting at the bottom of the inside of the fridge, it's probably because the drain hole at the back of the fridge is blocked.

Advertisement