Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from wrestling forum.

• 26-11-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello,

I have been banned from the wrestling forum as it has been claimed I am advertising a DVD. The mod of the forum section asked me to post here to speak about the issue.

1. I did not start the original thread of the DVD - this was done long before I even joined.

2. My posts were mostly in conversation with other users - should I have just stopped replying??

3. The DVD in question isn't exactly some obscure release (Bloodstained Memoirs) and stars some of wrestlings biggest superstars.

4. The post I put up yesterday which caused the ban (a link from a news site) showing a video with Christy Hemme according to their Facebook had 4K hits in 24 hours - why should the video be excluded form this site exactly??

5. The mod actually cites others talking about the DVD as a reason for my ban as they quoted my posts.

6. The mod also had issue with me quoting the DVD's twitter page about behind the scenes factoids of the promotion (in a single post) but states as it was "sixteen" facts this is somehow not acceptable (he also states they were all positive facts - so if I were slagging this product off - would I still be allowed to post?) In fact I think all of my posts of the subject were within a topic which was made to talk about the DVD - which I didn't even start?? No bumping except for my first post as didn't feel the need to start a new thread.

So basically I think this ban is very unfair and I feel it should be lifted. The DVD clearly has a large following and as I also said to the mod, this was in the Amazon top 10 this month - so why should in depth discussion be banned? I just don't see the issue. The mod has stated to me if I repeatedly talked about any subject in the same manner I would be banned - so why is everybody not banned for tlaking about the WWE promotion within the wrestling discussion forum?

Thank You

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

Sorry about the delay.I will open this up for the mod to give there view point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cheers Dub13. FreezeUp has been permanently banned from the Pro Wrestling forum for repeatedly advertising a particular independently-produced wrestling DVD (Bloodstained Memoirs).

The long and the short of it is that in under 3 months, FreezeUp has posted :
    2 x Amazon links to buy the DVD
    2 x Advertisement videos for the DVD
    a DVD cover and poster of the DVD
    quoted 16 tweets/facebook posts praising the DVD
    posting in 2 different threads about said DVD and creating a third on 26/11/11.

These posts were viewed and discussed between the PW mods and we unanimously agreed that cumulatively these posts are well beyond "in-depth discussion" and are in fact veiled advertisements.

Here are the posts in question :
    FreezeUp wrote: »
    Bumping this rather than starting a new thread. Just watched it as its on sale for a couple of quid (never going to pay the ten they wanted previously) and I must say it was very well made, so well played to the guys who made it. An iPhone App for this went up this week, anybody checked that out? (**** iPhones) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlB4C0jdgK8
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Memoirs-DVD/dp/B005GEXAGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317681168&sr=8-1 Its now on Amazon for pre sale - it will be on DVD later this month. I guess the App was a short term thing to get people talking again?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHEIHTDznU
    DVD Cover
    bloodstainedmemoirscove.png
    List of DVD extras: http://www.myspace.com/thebloodstainedmemoirs/blog/544493589 Cool list of extras.
    Bloodstained Memoirs came out today on DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Memoirs-DVD/dp/B005GEXAGG Great documentary with Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Great Muta, Christian, Piper, RVD and others. Disc has a load of cool extras too.

blood_stained_poster.jpg
    Interesting posts about Bloodstained Memoirs on their Twitter / Facebook:
    The majority of the photography used on the Bloodstained Memoirs poster / DVD cover came from Fin Martin, editor of Power Slam magazine.
    One of my favourite reviews of Bloodstained Memoirs came from Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine, which is the worlds longest running wrestling magazine.
    The Mick Foley shoot was organised in under 24 hours - that's why there was no time to set up an interview. But if you go back and watch the scene, it has one of the more elaborate filming set ups. Probably 50 different POV's in ten minutes. Lot's of storyboarding went in to that.
    When the Chris Jericho trailer was put online, it was the #3 most viewed film trailer that week on YouTube. Harry Potter took the 1 and 2 spots.
    To me, the best thing about making Bloodstained Memoirs was having breakfast with a Playboy cover model. Smash! Dave
    The business card Jimmy Snuka gave me on the day of our interview had a leopard skin background.
    Currently #9 in the Amazon wrestling section. A massive thank you to everybody!
    I've often thought that the people who moan that there isn't blood in Bloodstained Memoirs are the same people who moan about a lack of trains in Trainspotting. Dave
    We were originally due to film the Keiji Muto interview in a toy museum, brandishing Japanese artefacts. The church we wound up filming in was the same church my Grandfathers funeral service was held in about a decade earlier. Dave
    Chris Jericho loved his introduction in Bloodstained Memoirs. I know that because I was sat next to him the first time he saw it. Dave
    I wanted Al Snow to wear a suit in Bloodstained Memoirs, but he wanted to wear smart / casual clothes - once he saw the set he agreed with me. Dave
    The Rob Van Dam interview almost didn't happen, due to the fact Rob's then representation was putting a stop to interviews due to the Chris Benoit double murder / suicide that summer.
    The interview with Christian was delayed as Christian realised he had lost his phone just as we were about to begin.
    Roddy Piper's daughter was sitting just out of shot during our interview. Dave
    Mick Foley said to me once in an Email that he gets asked about Bloodstained Memoirs a lot. Dave
    Ultimo Dragon interview: my English questions were proposed to Dragon by an Italian man, in Spanish, and relayed back to me in English. It was an odd system which ensured the (not completely fluent in English) Dragon understood all questions perfectly. Dave
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/63674/video-christy-hemme-talks-about-breaking-into-wwe-working-with-trish-stratus.html?p=1

Posted on PWI from the Bloodstained Memoirs documentary extras. From memory, I don't remember the Stratus match from Wrestlemania being bad at all, in fact quite enjoyable at the time for what it was.

Even in this plea, he lists positive facts about the DVD ("Facebook had 4K hits in 24 hours", "was in the Amazon top 10 this month") which, in our opinion, is consistent with far-beyond-normal 'simply a fan' facts but indeed repeatedly promoting the DVD; i.e. advertising, and so wish to uphold the ban.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Having had a good look at this I feel the ban is sound,so many posts trying to push a DVD and from such a small amount of overall posts on boards what else are the mods meant to think.In no way is in depth discussion banned but when one user continuously pushes a product its going to cause people to be suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

OK, I'm going to go talk about Rihanna's new album now as its out this month - will I be banned form the music section too?

RE Jaykhunter: if you bothered to research the matter - you would relaise another mod moved the subject into the wrestling documentaries one - ironically because of all the discussion. So its not posting in two subjects.

The "third" subject doesn't even mention the DVD, it was to tlak about one of the DVD's stars, Christy Hemme.

As for the "plea" he speaks of , I am simply countering his opinion that somehow I am the only person talking about this which is absurd.

Advertisement