Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy map from Compter back to Device

Options
  • 26-11-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I'm using TT Home Version 2.8.2.2264 and it appears there is no provision made in the application for copying a map from the computer back to the device!...Is this correct or am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There should be the option. I'm mobile at the moment so I can't check exactly.
    Does your device show up as a drive ?
    If so you should be able to copy and paste the map folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

Perhaps I should add that I'm using the Carminat TT Live as fitted to Renault Laguna and under the tab(s) *Manage my Device* > *Items on Computer* and when anything is selected the only option appears to be *Remove items from Computer*. I would have expected there would be an option to *Copy to Device* (assuming of course that there is enough room on the SD card which in my case there is) but this option is not available. I suppose it's not a major issue when, as you advise, I can just copy the folder back in Explorer but it would make more sense to have the option available inside the TT Home application?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you goto manage my go & select ittems does the copy items to computer button not become selectable?

TTH2.gif

Does the storage show up in my computer when the device is connected?

KoolKid wrote: »
    When you goto manage my go & select ittems does the copy items to computer button not become selectable? ?
    Yes it does, the problem is in attempting to copy in the reverse direction.
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Does the storage show up in my computer when the device is connected?
    Yes it does.

To install a map thats stored on your PC goto
    Add Traffic Voices Safety Camera etc..
    Click more untill the option Items on my computer shows.
    Select that then expand the list for maps & click add.

You can also copy/paste the map folder to the root directory of the device or memory card.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info. I don't think I'd ever have dreamt of looking there without your help!

Advertisement