Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert study plan? HELP!

• 27-11-2011 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

The leaving cert is getting closer and the year is going so fast. i need to get cracking on studying even though i have been studying i feel like i havent been doing enough and all my subjects are piling up

i feel i am doing too much of one subject and leaving another out and not studying it as much. teachers say to spend 20 mins on one subject and move on but i can't do it i need to perfect it so it takes me an hour to learn something.

i don't do evening study but i do morning study its for an hour in the morning. i need 460 in my leaving cert so please help.

i have broad subjects i have been told biology geography and business and maths irish french english i do all honours except maths.

please help me :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm about to sound horrible, but, an hour a day really isn't enough.

I have it that I do ALL the homework I get that day (with the exception of essays, I plan them the first night, then write them the second), then do the one day, one week, one month routine. Firstly what you did that day, then what you did a week ago, then what you did a month ago. Repeat and you cover everything at least three times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

If its taking you an hour to learn something and it sounds like you are in distress what about trying different techniques and approaches to learning, are you reading or writing?
    would audio help, linking the info, being more critical with the facts rather than reciting.. maybe you're a kinetic learner who knows.

an hour a day is not enough whats stopping you doing study in the evening if you can't learn then go to sleep three hours earlier and get up three hours earlier if thats what you need to extend the morning study, maybe an extra hour shifting the sleep would do or do the evenings or study during your lunch brake.

Just don't do what i did and stare at books learning stuff all the time do exams and exam questions all the time, know the structure of every exam will give you precious time and most of all stay relaxed, meditate don't let the points you need freak you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Every time one of these threads comes up I start ****ting it. I don't have a plan and just do a bit here and there. Oh well...

Advertisement