Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radiation storm heading towards earth.

Options
  • 27-11-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Solar radiation storm and shock wave sends CME towards Earth

Posted on November 26, 2011 by The Extinction Protocol
    hmi200.gifcoronalhole_sdo_200.gifeuvi_195_rotated.gif

November 26, 2011RADIATION STORM: A minor radiation storm is in progress. The protons making up this storm were accelerated toward Earth by shock waves in a CME that left the sun around 0700 UT on Nov. 26th. This event could have an effect on high-latitude HF radio communication. A solar wind flowing from the southern coronal hole (above) could reach Earth as early as Nov. 29. Solar wind speed is currently 364 km/sec with a proton density reading of 4.3 protons/cm3 –Space Watch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

The extinction protocol. :confused:
    Fear-mongering, money making rubbish.
    For example, How they describe normal volcanic activity....Here.
    We are entering a period of extreme volcanism. Chaitén (Chile) erupted after being dormant for 9500 years, Eyjafjallajökull (Iceland) erupted after 187 years, and Sinabung volcano (Indonesia) erupted after 400 years.
    Or how about this amusing little ditty, mixing up normal changes to the sun's mangetic field with that of the Earth's. :) (lots of people being fooled with this one)
    Earth’s magnetic field is faltering and moving towards a polarity reversal as we approach the solar maximum (2012-2013).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Classic!, thats hilarious thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

We're all going to Heaven, wayyyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

The extinction protocol. :confused:
    Fear-mongering, money making rubbish.
    For example, How they describe normal volcanic activity....Here.

Or how about this amusing little ditty, mixing up normal changes to the sun's mangetic field with that of the Earth's. :) (lots of people being fooled with this one)

you get upset very easily,dont you :pac::pac::pac:
    have you not heard,the end is nigh.......;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Weylin wrote: »
    [/B]
    you get upset very easily,dont you :pac::pac::pac:
    have you not heard,the end is nigh.......;)
    Nothing to do with being upset, just when someone points to something like "The Extinction Protocol" it's good to point out fairly quickly the flaws there, so someone coming across it for the first time will cast a critical eye over some of their claims.
    It's grand bringing up a, Quote: "minor radiation storm" but why not link to a reputable comentary on the event, instead of those nutjobs.

PS, I've been honing my survival skills ever since I first heard about the imminent collapse of civilisation and end of the world about 30 years ago, though I may need to refresh my supplies in the bunker, as the tinned peaches and sacks of grain are getting a bit dodgy at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

4th of Dec and we aint dead yet lads.
    I really should follow the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ludeen

8th dec still here....:rolleyes:

Advertisement