Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is student co-op placement in Australia possible?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

My daughter wants to go to Australia for her student co-op experience. Is it possible to get that on a visa or would a working holiday visa be handier? She would need to be able to earn some money while she is there. My son is an Australian passport holder over there as he was born there and has returned. Would that make any difference or be any help to her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sorry Whats a co op experience? Because I reckon you are looking at a student visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Co-op is work experience that is most or part of a college semester that is usuall taken in 3rd year of a 4 year course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Oh well in that case she can just get a normal working holiday visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

denismac wrote: »
    Co-op is work experience that is most or part of a college semester that is usuall taken in 3rd year of a 4 year course.

I had a friend who did nursing and she did this here in Melbourne. She came over on a student visa I think. The university that she is trying to do the course in should be able to help you with what visa you need. I would suggest that your daughter doesn’t use the working holiday visa as it’s a very useful visa to be able to use another time and it’s not the correct option. Besides I’m not sure that you are entitled to study full time on a WHV. I would suggest that she speak to the university she is looking at going to go to in Australia and her own current university if they have experience of people going over in the past. They should have an international student service that will be able to help you.

Advertisement