Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you drinking for the night?

• 27-11-2011 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Finished work at 4. Just polished my eighth can of Linden and have a 700 ml of the captain now to split with my brother while watching a few movies with the kids and playing some MW3.

What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Fanta orange.

Tea, I'm working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just had a cup of tea. Might go mad and have another one soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

pepsi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Heineken ,slab of ,€27,nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gallons of water with intermittent shots of Amoxiclav

and Lemsip chasers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ginger ale, we're not all drunk on boards.

Although that would be an improvement.

Aha my mistake I did have a tipple of whiskey in that earlier
    so I was drinking a highball

Now I will drink some cold water after I've brushed my teeth-simple pleasures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ok don't cringe... dutch gold, and i'm on my 23rd can from yesterday. for some reason i couldn't sleep for the last two days so i indulged in the unmercilous lager. premium lager my ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sprite since 8! Heineken before that!

horsemeat wrote: »
    Finished work at 4. Just polished my eighth can of Linden and have a 700 ml of the captain now to split with my brother while watching a few movies with the kids and playing some MW3.

thats a lot of **** to be doing at once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

So far this evening I have drank a bottle of lucozade lemon, a cup of coffee, a glass of milk and 1 can of bulmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Benylin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Guinness...cans...dirt, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Some whiskey, some green tea and smoothies. I like a bit of variety. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Lager.

500ml Cans in the fridge, will probably fall asleep with my netbook on my lap after about 7/8.

Looking forward to some nights out coming up pre-Xmas and a stag and wedding in Jan.

Would much prefer to be out-n-about tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bottles of tiger beer + battlefield 3 = happy me :)

So far this evening I have drank a bottle of lucozade lemon, a cup of coffee, a glass of milk and 1 can of bulmers.

what a mihicsure that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

*Paging Children's Services*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

glass of baileys loads of ice:cool:

is that child services in 1986??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Come on now, i'm entitled to relax on a saturday evening after work! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

I'd say the kids are going to kick your hole so.

And it's tea for me.

Keeping the powder dry for a good run at the Xmas :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Finished a bottle of wine way sooner than I thought I would so have had to resort to to cans of Tuborg :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Its now koppenberg pear at six euros a half litre (not even a pint!) nice an sweet tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lemsip Cold and Flu.

Join an orderly queue, ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

zenno wrote: »
    ok don't cringe... dutch gold, and i'm on my 23rd can from yesterday. for some reason i couldn't sleep for the last two days so i indulged in the unmercilous lager. premium lager my ass.
    23 cans in two days? I think lack of sleep is the least of your worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Stella! I'm drinking in her beauty.

Her surname's Artois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I'm drinking a few bottles of Erdinger the Christmas edition and also having a good few Dalwhinnie scotch 15 year old neat. Excellent stuff although the original ding is nicer IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Where did that post go, must be the drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

23 cans in two days? I think lack of sleep is the least of your worries.

I agree. The savings had on such a high quality beverage would have me up for weeks alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

A nice cold bottle of water :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Carling 12 pack accompanied by Glenfiddich Scotch chasers. Tis keeping me fairly lubricated tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

stovelid wrote: »
    Lots.

Never heard of that, any good?

I bought 8 cans of heineken for 12 euro a few days ago and it was enjoyable but what possesed me to buy a slab of scutch gold is beyond me. never again wreaching and what have you every time i take a sup of it. well i can't complain at least i have a few beers than none if that makes any sense, i'm mystified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Some nice Czech beer tonight with the occasional interruption of an Irish coffee and some baby guinness shots ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Cans of Guinness. Never bought a can of it in my life. Just jumped off the shelf for me tonight, very nice tbh..

just out of curiousity did any of you notice anything strange while drinking a 2 litre of tesco cider lately ?. I drank one last week and the next day i woke up and thought i had the pox as my whole body was covered in red dots/pimples or something, my whole body was covered in them and they are almost gone now. weird reaction to the amount of sugar i think. anyone ever get this from cider ?. mods don't send me to the health forum this is just a curiousity question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Redzer7 wrote: »
    A nice cold bottle of water :)

Cold! You devil you!
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    Cans of Guinness. Never bought a can of it in my life. Just jumped off the shelf for me tonight, very nice tbh..

Bought some a few weeks ago and was quite impressed I must say. I don't drink stout in the pub so have no idea of the comparison FWIW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

zenno wrote: »
    I bought 8 cans of heineken for 12 euro a few days ago and it was enjoyable but what possesed me to buy a slab of scutch gold is beyond me. never again wreaching and what have you every time i take a sup of it. well i can't complain at least i have a few beers than none if that makes any sense, i'm mystified.
    dutch rocks as long as its freezing cold & cant taste it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I like the fact I have no taste in drink so I can buy piss cheap wine, whiskey and beer without having to turn my nose up at it :)

saa wrote: »
    I like the fact I have no taste in drink so I can buy piss cheap wine, whiskey and beer without having to turn my nose up at it :)

don't be fooled by that girl, it will be the liver that pumps it back up out the mouth job when the sh1t hits the fan regardless of a non functioning sense of smell. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

First time in years i did not go out on a sat night,hate cans unless i already have a good few on me.I was not looking forward to it,but no way out.a bottle of paddy in the supermarket some lemons cloves and brown sugar almost half the bottle gone and im feelin ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

6 cans of special brew and a milkshake

First time in years i did not go out on a sat night,hate cans unless i already have a good few on me.I was not looking forward to it,but no way out.a bottle of paddy in the supermarket some lemons cloves and brown sugar almost half the bottle gone and im feelin ok.

that's what i call Quality performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Has this thread seriously gone 44 posts without this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

This evenin, I will mostly be drinkin...green tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Stella and some raspberry beer I got for the other half. It's not that bad actually. I should really close the laptop and read.

MyKeyG wrote: »
    This evenin, I will mostly be drinkin...green tea!

ah the cannabis green tea ? tried it before but i fell asleep for 2 days and no one could wake me therafter. a bottle of JD and pepsi would be the business right now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Bought some a few weeks ago and was quite impressed I must say. I don't drink stout in the pub so have no idea of the comparison FWIW.

Much nicer from the tap. Have a few next time you're out, if you liked the cans then you'll be a regular Guinness drinker from now on..

• Advertisement
Advertisement