Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lights and indicators crossed

• 27-11-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

lights and indicators work grand on the left hand side of my MF575, now on the right they are crossed somewhere and i can't locate where. The indicator comes on where lights should be (bulb with 2 wires instead of bulb with 1 wire) and the lights don't work at all on that side. I am sure is a very simple crossed connection somewhere or the position of the wires on the switch, but i can't find it..any ideas welcome, tis wrecking my head:mad:! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Hi

It's more likely that your problems are the light end. Screw it off mudguard and check connections at back of lamp unit and also inside in unit. Plug out and swap over left and right units temporaily and that'I give you more info as to what is wrong. It could also be the cable running back to the lights. Or as you said switch terminal connections behind dash.

Troubleshooting wiring on an old tractor ain't fun! It will just be a question or checking everything and ruling things in or out.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭vcsggl

Likely as not it is an earthing problem rather than the live feed to the lights. Poor earths seem to do all sorts of funny things to tractor and truck lights. Take a couple of bits ofg new wire and make a new earth connections from the bulb holders direct to the bodywork - use self-tapper screws to get a good new connection. You could well find that the problems then are cured!

George

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

vcsggl wrote: »
    Likely as not it is an earthing problem rather than the live feed to the lights. Poor earths seem to do all sorts of funny things to tractor and truck lights. Take a couple of bits ofg new wire and make a new earth connections from the bulb holders direct to the bodywork - use self-tapper screws to get a good new connection. You could well find that the problems then are cured!

George

Unless the mudguards are rusted to sh*t! Best earths are to the chassis. Afterall that's what your battery is earthed to and you are trying to complete the circuit.

Advertisement