Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Lunch Waterford City

• 27-11-2011 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Any recommendations? Looking for a general menu as will have one looking for a roast dinner :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

you can't go wrong with the showboat for good food and cheap prices-

also the uluru is very reasonable.the last time i was there,they gave a free kids dessert with each kiddies meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Granville hotel has a super carvery... go early though cos it will be busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

The Holy Cross on the Cork road, The Ramada also on Cork Road, and finally O Donnacha's guess where? Yes the Cork Road (Kilmeaden Village actually) All good and reasonable too. Becketts on the Dunmore road worth a shot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 smegg26

Brunch Cafe in Georges court is open today for lunch 12- 5pm .Specials starting at €6.75 pasta dishes, salads etc. Roast Beef from the carvery only €10.25 !

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

paddy browns pub is very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Thanks all, we ended up in the tower hotel which was nice actually. Well presented and reasonable for 3 courses, we rolled home to the couch afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

fair play for coming back to your thread

i forgot about the tower.. they always have super food

great now I'm hungry again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

+1 on the holycross lovely dinners out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

+1 on the holycross again!

was there myself on sunday for bit of sunday lunch, was absolutely lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Ledger wrote: »
    +1 on the holycross again!

was there myself on sunday for bit of sunday lunch, was absolutely lovely :D
    The holy cross is lovely but I had a row with them the last time I was there as they refused to give the kids half portions and would only give them sausages and chips or nuggets and chips, was disgusted with them, I hope they are a bit more family friendly now. That was only in July.
    Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

allgirlz wrote: »
    The holy cross is lovely but I had a row with them the last time I was there as they refused to give the kids half portions and would only give them sausages and chips or nuggets and chips, was disgusted with them, I hope they are a bit more family friendly now. That was only in July.
    Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

That's not good, disgusting actually considering the drive to steer children away from sausages, nuggets and chips when eating out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

The halfway house on the tramore road does a lovely carvery.
    also a lovely restaraunt at the saratoga bar in woodstown do nice meals, very reasonable prices too, you can go for a nice stroll along the beach afterwards too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

The iVee at The Cove Pub on the Dunmore Rd have very tasty daily specials.

Advertisement