Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeLonghi Icona ECO310-R Espresso Machine over half price off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

How would this one stack up against the one on sale in lidl tomorrow for €60?
    Would there be much of a difference?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_15783.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭smackyB

I bought one of these last year and they work great. About a month ago the knob at the top broke off. Rang Lidl and even though it was out of warranty and I didn't have a receipt they took it back and sent out a brand new one. Very impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

I had my eye on a LIDL espresso machine in 2009 but missed it, so I bought a DeLonghi Bar32 instead.

The LIDL espresso machine is almost identical to the Delonghi Bar32 in looks and specification. There's uncanny similarities between the two, especially the positions of the espresso/steam switch, steam control knob & frothing nozzle.

When compared to the Icona ECO310, the difference is in the details that espresso aficionados love - the integrated cup warmer, café design & color. :)

Both machines are 15-bar, and would be capable of pulling a good espresso shot. You can't go wrong with either.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah crap. Wish I hadn't seen the lidl one. Guess I'll be up in lidl tomorrow morning!

Can you use tea in this? I have tea leaves, so I wonder can I use one if the ESE pods? I know the tea should be sitting, but still...

• Advertisement

I don't think so, for pretty much the same reason boiling water poured directly on a tea bag gives a bitter tea. In this case, the pressurized boiling water would scald the tea leaves, destroying its taste & leave a bitter brew. But don't take my word for it, try it out & let me know :D

antodeco wrote: »
    Can you use tea in this? I have tea leaves, so I wonder can I use one if the ESE pods? I know the tea should be sitting, but still...

Anyone pick theirs up? I got mine this morning. Seems pretty decent. Frother works a treat on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Never made real coffee at home and sick of paying for coffee in shops. I only would be using machine for latte and cappuchino and only be making one at a time, do i need a grinder to make single cups with coffee beans?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Never made real coffee at home and sick of paying for coffee in shops. I only would be using machine for latte and cappuchino and only be making one at a time, do i need a grinder to make single cups with coffee beans?
    cheers

nah, lidl all the way. They have quite decent grinded espresso coffee, the one in metal cans.

The lidl one I got is great. Normal coffee powder, into the sieve thing. Push a button, out pops liquid gold in 30 seconds.Throw some milk in a small container, 20 seconds under the frother, and you have a nice frothy cup. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I can feel myself wanting two or three cups a day now! (normally one every three days)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I bought one tonight at lidl, I haven't a clue what type of coffee goes into it I find the instructions manual not very helpfull.

Someone please tell me what type of coffee is it same stuff as what goes in a coffee decanter? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

I had my eye on a LIDL espresso machine in 2009 but missed it, so I bought a DeLonghi Bar32 instead.

The LIDL espresso machine is almost identical to the Delonghi Bar32 in looks and specification. There's uncanny similarities between the two, especially the positions of the espresso/steam switch, steam control knob & frothing nozzle.

When compared to the Icona ECO310, the difference is in the details that espresso aficionados love - the integrated cup warmer, café design & color. :)

Both machines are 15-bar, and would be capable of pulling a good espresso shot. You can't go wrong with either.

I'd say it's more like Delonghi EC152
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delonghi-EC152-Espresso-Coffee-Machine/dp/B003U2SLI8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I20H6BZC8FXW6G&colid=EI6MEEI3QEN9

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I bought one tonight at lidl, I haven't a clue what type of coffee goes into it I find the instructions manual not very helpfull.

Someone please tell me what type of coffee is it same stuff as what goes in a coffee decanter? :o

I'm just using the normal coffee powder stuff. Like Nescafé.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

do you really use instant?

Your next post you will have 100,000 post:D

For the OP, any Delonghi coffee machine added to my basket won't go through checkout, says it can't be shipped to destination. Boo Hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Am i the only one seeing this as full price?

Would love it but not at 150

loopymum wrote: »

Yup, I do indeed. As I said, I'm not a big coffee drinker. I know instant is muck and is probably sacralicious for proper coffee drinkers, but I like the taste of it, and it does me fine. :D

Hi Loopymum,

So sorry to hear that, I thought it would deliver to Ireland since it had free super saver delivery.

I guess this isn't a BA anymore then! :-(

loopymum wrote: »

Your next post you will have 100,000 post:D

For the OP, any Delonghi coffee machine added to my basket won't go through checkout, says it can't be shipped to destination. Boo Hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just letting ye know my lidl one is not working properly so i am taking it back right now.....:(

The knob on top will not turn and the frother will not work either. Raging as it was making nice coffee and thought i had a bargain but it's not to be.

Advertisement