Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retainers??

Options
  • 27-11-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

so work told me that I can't wear my rook piercing. (sob) Apparently it's a "health and safety issue" which I assume is work-babble for "doesn't look professional"

Now the thing is it's new and i really don't want to take it out, and second of all it's practically hidden with the placement. Also it's annoying as many of the other staff members have multiple piercings from their earlobes up but that's apparently ok. :confused: So I'm going to try and get a retainer or something like that and get the piercing guy to change it for me.

Ideally i'd love a flesh coloured or see through curved barbell but can't seem to find one on the interwebs. :( Those retainers that I keep coming across- are they ok to wear on a long term basis? Or it just fall out some night in my sleep? My body's also pretty fussy with jewelry so it has to be titanium or PTFE or something else expensive. Has anyone come across something like this online or in store? I know the studio I originally went to doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You could go for glass so something like this. Alternatively you could get a smaller barbell, preferably blackline as it works better, and kind of turn it into the fold in your ear or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Ah cool looks like exactly what i'm looking for. :)
    I hate ordering online as i never know the correct gauge and size! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

1.2 mm is 16g and a 1.6mm is a 14g

Ended up ordering this 14 gauge, 5/16" hopefully that'll do the job! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's a chance that might be a bit too long, at 5/16 of an inch... hope it works ok though!

• Advertisement

it was the shortest one they did though! I'm sure it'll be fine! :) thanks!

Advertisement