Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crocodiles

• 27-11-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching 'country tracks' on BBC1 where a lunatic over in England has started farming crocs!! :eek:

He was in 'herding' them with a pig board!!!!! :D:eek::D:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Imagine the reaction you'd get if you tried to unload them at the local mart. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭kk09

I've a nice river behind my house with a few old sheds backing onto it, would be perfect suited to rearing them. Could feed them all the wild cats that are floating around the place.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

I really want someone to try this in Ireland, can you imagine their face's on nationwide reviewing that farm!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Theres big demand for both meat and skins from these guys in Asia - will be interesting to see how succesfull this enterprize will be!! From what I've read it has alot going for it compared to other farming "fads" in the past like deer farming and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I was on a croc farm in kenya . There is no smell as bad as a few of them together it was stink . I cant see many irish people queing up to eat their meat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

moy83 wrote: »
    I was on a croc farm in kenya . There is no smell as bad as a few of them together it was stink . I cant see many irish people queing up to eat their meat
    Did you ever watch swamp people on the history channel? They cook alligator meat it isn't too unlike chicken and looks good all fried up. I would imagine crocodile meat would be much the same. Their hides are worth more than the meat, maybe if some of us got in early we could make a fortune out of it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Did you ever watch swamp people on the history channel? They cook alligator meat it isn't too unlike chicken and looks good all fried up. I would imagine crocodile meat would be much the same. Their hides are worth more than the meat, maybe if some of us got in early we could make a fortune out of it:)
    I ate it over there its white meat when its cooked alright . I suppose you could say its like chicken just more chewey .
    If we started keeping crocs they might be a threat to cattle , kinda like the mink and chickens :D Imagine trying to croc-proof the slatted shed :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

It has the same sort of texture as Chicken but tastes a little fishy.I eat Aligator all the time down at a bar i go too in Florida.Emmmm Aligator bites deep fried and crumbed.Where i live we have a Six foot Gator in a Large pond and a Six and Eight foot Gator in the pond at the back of our apartment complex.They sun themselves on the bank during the day.They are only really aggressive during breeding season around May.As long as you sont feed them they will stay away.If you feed them like some stupid tourists do,they associate food with people.Then it gets really interesting and exciting,as they can out run a human.Just remember if chased zig zag or your bolloxed..lol:eek:

Advertisement