Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Bios Beep on new build

Options
  • 27-11-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

Hope someone here with vast knowledge can help a dying man starved from just looking at BF3 in a box.

Bought a new pc to play bf3 config is
    New Parts

XFX ATI Radeon 6950 2GB PCI-E HDMI

Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro CPU Cooler
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz S1155 6MB-

ASRock P67 Pro S1155 Intel P67 DDR3 ATX
    Corsair -8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 XMS3 1600Mhz DIMM CL9 1.65V
    Antec-Six Hundred V2 Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black

Old Parts

OCZ GameXStream 700w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Power Supply
    Two Sata hard drives
    One Disc Drive

I put everything to gether but when i press the power on button, My Pc starts spinning, Fans etc but no post screen comes up nor any beeps from my pc. I connected the connectors the best i could not the best instructions my last build the mother board was colour coded so it was noob proof.

I can take pics if its any help

Any sugestions are welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Did you connect the 8 pin power to the connector closet to the cpu?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rambai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

The 8 pin is usually around the top left corner

[IMG][/img]Untitled-12.jpg

Cheers dwighet,

Not had it plugged in, its on pic 3 the yellow sticker in top left cornor, but same as before, No beeps no Post screen,

Fans come on disc drive spins etc, Its something small that i have not attached or in the wrong place.

• Advertisement

Is your ram in the same colored slots...hard to tell from the pics.

Yes there in the white slots 2x4gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I would take out the hard and sata drives for a start and and connections to case for front panel or usb.Just keep the on/off switch connected.

Make sure screws are not to tight that hold the mobo in place.

It might be the ram thats causing issues.I would say try just one stick at a time.Check the manual for what slot to use for a single stick.If no luck with that try other stick.

Failing that i would try rebuilding it outside the case with just the basics just in case there is a short somewhere.

game4it70 wrote: »
    I would take out the hard and sata drives for a start and and connections to case for front panel or usb.Just keep the on/off switch connected.

Make sure screws are not to tight that hold the mobo in place.

It might be the ram thats causing issues.I would say try just one stick at a time.Check the manual for what slot to use for a single stick.If no luck with that try other stick.

Failing that i would try rebuilding it outside the case with just the basics just in case there is a short somewhere.

Does 1155 only like ram with 1.5 volt only or am I thinking something else..

dwighet wrote: »
    Does 1155 only like ram with 1.5 volt only or am I thinking something else..

It can use 1.65v but they say to use lower voltage sticks.I use 1.65v sticks on my Asrock board and works fine.

• Advertisement

Still no joy, might strip it back to cpu and start again

Rambai wrote: »
    Still no joy, might strip it back to cpu and start again

Shame,do you know anyone that has a system that you would be able to test ram on?

Na il just strip it back to the start if nothing il just have to bring it in to a pc store and get it looked at.

Cheers for all the comments.

Lads its working stripped her back to the start everything pluged out, pressed start and hey presto bios screen, happy days BF3 here i come.

Thanks a million both dwighet and game4it70 for helping me

Speak to ye next build :)

Rambai wrote: »
    Lads its working stripped her back to the start everything pluged out, pressed start and hey presto bios screen, happy days BF3 here i come.

Thanks a million both dwighet and game4it70 for helping me

Speak to ye next build :)

good stuff...You`ll love bf3...I have had my ass stuck to the chair all weekend playing it.... Have clocked up over 25hrs since Friday night....

When ya get it set up add me as a friend and we`ll shoot a few.
    My username is dwighet

Advertisement