Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vasily Alexeev

Options
  • 27-11-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

Some of this was posted in the off topic thread in health and fitness but seeing as he wasn't too bothered with the "health" part I thought I'd post this stuff here. I like the way he didn't seem to give flying axe about traditional weightlifting methods.

I found this interview with him from sports illustrated magazine back in 1975

Arthur Chidlovski uploaded this video documentary in english

Montage of some of his more notable lifts here:

Recent Russian TV documentary here (no translation though).

And finally, the power midget had an interesting article about him a while back.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If I recall he's the guy who apparently said "who cares about an ant lifting a leaf" when commenting on the lightweight weight classes.

I woudn't agree with him there but no doubt he was a strength sports legend. I was just reading that list of baddest motherf*ckers yesterday, to be honest he probably should have been higher than No. 17 - weightlifting in the Volga and so on!

Advertisement