Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGA 1155 bent pin

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

okay guys,looking for help.
    First time novice build and thought everything was fine until i turned on power.Fans all started,led's came on and then i got those bloody beeps.
    5 of them to be precise.My three sons were looking on, so disappointment all round.
    So i googled what the 5 beeps might be and it seems its a processor problem.
    I uninstalled the motherboard and removed the cpu(i5 2500k).
    And low and behold was 1 bent pin/contactor on the motherboard(ASROCK P67 PRO Socket 1155 ATX).
    More research on google and lots of advice on how to straighten them,so with magnifying glass and needles i gave it a go(nothing ventured nothing gained).
    Got the pin so far then the tip of it broke,gutted,but said i should try installing everything again in case i got lucky,but not to be-again 5 beeps.

So my question is what do i do now?
    Do i buy a new board or can i get this one repaired?
    Purchased everything from Hardwareversand.
    I think i was as gentle as i could have been inserting the cpu - zero pressure and lowered straight down but i must not have been careful enough.
    Its not a nice feeling to fail in front of your kids.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Unfortunately, CPU installation ****upary is one of the few things not covered under the motherboard's warranty. Having said that, if you were careful with installation, it shouldn't have bent. You might have put it in the wrong way, but you'd be a lot worse off than you are if you had. This leads me to think that it might have been bent out of the box, which you could try telling HWVS (Just don't mention that you tried to fix it!)

There are a couple of other things you could try, but if they don't work, they'll just leave more evidence that you've been screwing with it than anything else.

Worse comes to worst, you'll have to buy a new one I'm afraid.

Advertisement