Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainers - UL Arena

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi there,

Has anyone used or worked with the personal trainers in the Arena? I'm thinking of availing of their services, however I have used trainers in other gyms in the past and usually they just give you a training plan and you work away at it. I'm looking to train WITH somebody (pref. outdoors if possible) because I know I'll probably give up on a training plan and / or get bored with it!

With all the sports related courses in UL, someone may know of someone qualified / interested in earning a few bob? I'm looking to do one to two one hour sessions per week (+ plus my own individual workouts) and would be interested in finding out the usual going hourly rate. I've been quoted anywhere from €25 - €40 per hour.

Any info would be helpful or if you're a personal trainer, please PM me!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

have you considered the boot-camp crowd ?
    I did 8 weeks with them for 150, in Annacotty, just up the road from UL, the UL trainers were too expensive, for me anyway,

http://www.bootcampireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mmm76

Your best bet is to call into the NCEF office and ask there.They run exercise and health fitness courses that are taught by qualified personal trainers.A lot of them teach classes in the arena most evenings so either they will take you on or will recommend someone to you.Its the brown brick building on the arena side of the main bus stop.hard to find but theres a small plaque beside door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hey gimme a PM, i dont do PT but do classes out of various areas in Limerick, arena included and could recommend PTs from different places through out the city depending on your goals, iv come across more mediocre and bad trainers than good so if you want we could have a quick chat and the least i could do is point you in the right direction.

While bootcamps are great for some of the things they provide, when it comes to YOUR individual specificity of training, it wouldn't be the greatest and with a few people at them, bad form could be re-in forced for some exercises.

PS mods - NOT a shill, I don't don't do PT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ashgal

PM sent!

Advertisement