Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me pick an mATX desktop style case - several constraints

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

Experts;), i need some help finding a new case for my HTPC/Server.. A couple of constraints makes this a little more difficult though.:o

I want it to be a desktop style mATX like this.
    It needs to be able to house at least 3-4x 3.5" HDDs though, and 1x 2.5" SSD (though this can be velcro'd to the inside randomly somewhere for all i care)
    it also needs to fit this ATX PSU (modular).
    Id prefer to have the option to put in a DVD/Bluray drive in future expansion, but its not really necessary if im honest and i can live with having to use its 5.25" bay as a HDD bay if it comes down to it.

Room for a GPU would be idea, but im considering just using the onboard IGP of the i3-2150/i5-2400. (side note: i want 100% smooth MKV etc high bitrate playback at 1080p, surely this can pull it off:confused:) i vowed to never use onboard graphics again but i hope theyre half decent and it should cut down my power usage/noise nicely (currently running a GTX460 in the HTPC :P)

i dont have a set budget as such, but lets put a nice round €100 limit on it. lower the better tbh, but if something good is slightly over budget i may consider it.

also, i hate these square looking cases

Thanks for ANY advice/comments/info lads.:)

Comments

Advertisement