Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing buildings after hours

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:55pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is answered in another thread but I couldn't find it. Feel free to close if there's an answer on another thread.
    Anyone know who I could contact about gaining access to buildings (Science North) after hours? I've been unable to get a keycard from my course head as supposedly the system that allowed the Math Science office to issue them is broken and Services aren't exactly rushing to fix it.
    It's annoying not being able to get into the building after 7pm so I'd be grateful if someone could help me on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Campus Services in Ag would be your best bet but unless you're a postgrad or staff I don't think they'll be able to do much for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

If you're staff or a phd/post grad student call the First Response Room in Belfield House for access. You'll need your staff card/letter of permission from your head of school to be let in.

AFIK, all the swipe cards are issued & managed by the schools themselves, so I think its their responsibility to keep them working, not services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Campus Services in Ag would be your best bet but unless you're a postgrad or staff I don't think they'll be able to do much for you...

Services are your first port of call, the lads down in the Belfield House Office are a very approachable bunch I find and I have a good bit of interaction with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Ag is Services too, they just don't work out of hours. Ag is the best place to go to get the full story in working hours, BH is best out of hours. But as mentioned you'd need either a staff card or letter of permission from the school to get let in either way...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Cheers guys. I'll pop in to Services during the week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement