Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallest mini-itx case that can take a 9" graphics card?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

I am looking into building a very small desktop computer that can still play the latest games. It should not be the latest and greatest, more best bang for the buck (and small)

Intially I was thinking about this:

- intel 2500K cpu
    - zotac mini itx motherboard Z68-ITX-A-E
    - slim line DVD player to load old games
    - SSD to speed up OS
    - Radeon 6850 (good speed and relatively cheap and cool) or is 6870 much better??
    - 3.5" hard disk for storage

To fit this all i thought about buying this one:
    Silversone Sugo 7

This case is the smallest case I could find that has enough power to power the Radeon + disk + CPU and can take a full length GPU

But then it dawned on me that the 3.5" disk could be replaced by a 2.5"
    It will be more than ok for games, as i have a NAS, and with current hard disk prices a lot cheaper.

So the question is: is there any case big enough for an SSD, 2.5" disk, DVD, and full 6850 class GPU that is smaller (and hopefully cheaper) than the Sugo?

Any comments on the components?

Minimum requirements:
    - Can play most games on at least medium in resolution 1920x1080.
    - linux compatible/friendly
    - as small as possible

Thanks

Advertisement