Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest Insurance for young(high risk) male drivers?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

MALE
    TIPP SOUTH
    PROVISIONAL (11 months)
    0 NCB
    00 <1000cc Corsa

Cheapest I've got from an online quote so far has been €1800 from (www.brittoninsurance.ie).No other companies have quoted me under €2900.

Anyone know any other companys that are kind to young male drivers?

(Sorry about the italics they just wont turn off)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Biscuits16

€1800 seems cheap enough to me, I was paying €2500 when I was 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Get the phonebook out tomorrow morning and ring around to as many brokers as possible and get quotes. I doubt you'll be getting much better than the 1800 quote being honest. But there's only one way you'll know for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Axa are pretty friendly with first time young drivers, 1650 for me on my own policy on a 999cc Polo.

Now a year and full licence later, 950 a year.

Hope to see it drop again next year due to more NCB. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

My brother reversed out of the driveway lightly tapping a car on the road driving along at 5mph causing around 150 euros of damage to his car( one taillight) and maybe 1000 euros to the other car which was worth around 1000(Small dent on wing and door nothing major)

The other driver sued for god knows what and got 45 grand. I would just pay the 1800:rolleyes:
    The legal system in this country is screwed up. A maximum payment should be set for any injuries ie 2000 for 'whiplash' . I dont mind large payments for people left in wheelchairs or braindamaged but ffs 45 grand for nothing and theres something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

1800 is cheap, you'll be hard pushed to get much better. Maybe a bit lower, maybe not, britton were the cheapest for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 iNigel

Thanks for the replies everyone...

Other then just paying €1800 one off they have an option to pay an initial €550ish and then installments of €150ish for 9 months ... just wondering:

Is this cover still for 12 months ?
    if so, Does this mean the initial cost (€550ish) cover the first 3 months of cover or the last 3 months?
    And what would happen if I decided in 6 months time that I wanted to cancel my policy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Your cheapest quote is still worth more than the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Your cheapest quote is still worth more than the car.

Advertisement