Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to book tickets to The Lion King (London) in advance?

Options
  • 27-11-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭

I’m hoping to go London in December and one thing I would definitely like to do is see the lion king. Does anyone know if there is a good chance of getting cheap tickets to this from the TKTS on the day (probably a Thurs-Sun) or would I have to book ahead of time? It’s something I’d really like to do, but also don’t want to spend 4 times as much on a ticket if I can help it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Yes you need to book Lion King in advance...it always sells out, especially at weekends. It's never at TKTS though sometimes deals can be found online..broadwaybox.com has some ticket and dinner deals on their London page at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Thanks athtrasna, I suspected as much! I'm not really looking for dinner deals to go with it though (looks be about half the total price!) but if anyone knows a good/cheap place to get just the tickets in advance I'd appreciate a link! Prices aren't too bad for tickets on viator.com. It's says they're 'top choice' seats but you can't pick them in advance... anyone have any experience? I've used the site before for other things and they're reliable, but never for theatre tickets.

Lastminute.com do the same thing with tickets, you can book a price bracket but not actual seats. My experience with lastminute is that if you get the top price tickets, you get the worst of that price bracket, so I don't book with them any more.

Theatre for Lion King is decent but theatremonkey.co.uk shows a lot more red seats (avoid) than I would expect http://www.theatremonkey.com/LYCEUMstalls.htm

Thanks for the advice :) I’ll avoid lastminute.com so!

I might just end up booking them through ticketmaster.co.uk so I can pick the seats myself. It looks like there’s not much left as it is, but that colour coded seating chart should come in handy :) I’m hoping it’s all just straight forward enough and can pick up the tickets at the box office on the day!

Use seetickets.com rather than ticketmaster, booking fee is less and they usually have better seats ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! But I think my dates are too soon… it’s telling me to ring the theatre to check for availability :P Ah well, that’s what I get for booking a trip at the last minute :)

I ended up booking them on http://www.atgtickets.com/ instead of ticketmaster because they had more choice of seats and it worked out cheaper too.

It was amazing btw :)

Advertisement