Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reel Wars

Options
  • 27-11-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Not sure how many of you saw the Reel Wars series on TV with Steve Broad & Rob Yorke but I've a real notion to chuck a tent & rods in the jeep & do something similar next year.

Not for as long as they did, but maybe a long weekend ( with a few emergency supplies such as the odd bottle of claret !) - living wild & off the land & cooking the catch.

I'd be grateful for location ideas throughout Ireland - I have gear for any type of fishing, so get your thinking caps on - aiming for maybe spring 2012 ish

Anyone fancy tagging along is more than welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I suppose you'd have to consider what you are going to go after.

It wouldn't have to be too rough really. There are a fair few spots in south Kerry and west Cork where you could fish all day for trout in a mountain lake, head down to an evening high tide and try for something there and still be in front of a pub fire by the time its dark. I know this as i've done it, every summer of college for the long weekends :D

If you really wanted isolation then around the lakes of Glencar would be you best bet. Trout come by the dozen and you'd have a nice supper by the time your done.

Others could recommend places where their fishing knowledge lies but the above two would be what I would do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Andip wrote: »
    Not sure how many of you saw the Reel Wars series on TV with Steve Broad & Rob Yorke but I've a real notion to chuck a tent & rods in the jeep & do something similar next year.

Not for as long as they did, but maybe a long weekend ( with a few emergency supplies such as the odd bottle of claret !) - living wild & off the land & cooking the catch.

I'd be grateful for location ideas throughout Ireland - I have gear for any type of fishing, so get your thinking caps on - aiming for maybe spring 2012 ish

Anyone fancy tagging along is more than welcome

yea saw the series it was quite good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

an island in the middle of a big lake :), obviously i would be recommending lough ree,but mask or corrib would be good too, ya need to be isolated with no chance of getting off until sunday evening:D,and only allowed use a
    phone for emergencies!! swap the claret for bulmers and i'm there :D:D..
    for ree i would recommend inishmore or inishturk or the nuns island or inishboffin all these are in the middle of the lake, of course the quaker island(further north) would be very interesting as it is steeped in history with some buildings of old on it etc....lots to choose from really,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Did you ever do this Andip? And how you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭killintime

not shur if he went on his trip?

• Advertisement
Advertisement