Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin in December

• 27-11-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    We are planning on going to Doolin next weekend for a few days, can anybody tell me if it will be very quiet as the season is over... will there still be music in the pubs and will restaurants still be opened. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    J

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

OP, you probably have a better chance of getting info here.

Galway County > Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

Yes Doolin will be quiet. Music in all the pubs over the weekend. O'connors McGanns and Fitz's bar in Hotel Doolin doing pub food and Hotel Doolin also has the dining room open. Mc Dermotts also has music but not doing food over the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Star55 wrote: »
    Hi
    We are planning on going to Doolin next weekend for a few days, can anybody tell me if it will be very quiet as the season is over... will there still be music in the pubs and will restaurants still be opened. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    J

Run a mile from Doolin this time of the year although I don’t enjoy it in the summer either due to the massive and horrific over development of hotels houses and self catering unites it worse than a cheap resort in Spain with the sun and it VERY VERY expensive too much more so than the even Ennis for food drink and accommodation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

haybob wrote: »
    Run a mile from Doolin this time of the year although I don’t enjoy it in the summer either due to the massive and horrific over development of hotels houses and self catering unites it worse than a cheap resort in Spain with the sun and it VERY VERY expensive too much more so than the even Ennis for food drink and accommodation

Live near enough to it myself and could never figure out the attraction...

Advertisement