Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pod

Options
  • 27-11-2011 7:12pm

Hope you can help. I left my purse in the pod last night. I'm pretty sure I left it in the toilet and I was one of the last to leave so I have little doubt that it was there. My husband went straight back but they wouldn't let him in to look and they gave him a number to ring today. Unfortunately the number is ringing out and the number on their site is going to a voicemail from 30th October :(

Does anyone have any other contact details for them? Or know if they open Sunday nights and I'll drive in? I really need that purse back :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Use these http://wefoundit.ie/ or try ringing around Garda Stations. Don't think they open Sundays.

What's the deal with that wefoundit? Do you pay them to give you back your stuff?

Only used it once and they didn't find my wallet, but I think it's €5. Clubs and pubs don't deal with lost stuff, instead they send them off to this crowd who look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Wefoundit wont collect it til midweek. When they do, they'll keep your belongings for 6 weeks and if not collected, they go up on eBay. If you want to collect you have to give a good description and know where and when you lost it and for €5, it's yours again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

How does WeFoundit work? They go to a nightclub and claim lost articles as theirs? Surely there has to be some legal issues with that and there definitely has to be legal issues with them holding on to items until you pay them a fee for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

There was a big issue in UCD with this too. Students loosing items in college and being charged 20e + to get it back..

Shame its all gone this way really.

I found a purse in town after work a week or two ago, dropped it into the gardai and Facebook messaged the person to say where it was. ( found them after searching for about 2 mins )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

That wefoundit thing is bizarre. :confused: How is a nightclub allowed to just give your stuff away to some random people and then you have to buy it back from the random people.. ?

Yeh it all sounds a bit of a scam. I really thought I would get it back in tact but I'm doubting that now. If I get it back at all it will be probably be without cash. I've already cancelled the cards. I've registered it anyway so we'll see

I've returned so many purses and phones over the years. Pity karma isn't on my side this time :(

I've returned so many purses and phones over the years. Pity karma isn't on my side this time :(

I know the feeling, go out of my way to get peoples wallets and purses back and when I lost mine it was never seen again.

Finally got through to the pod and unfortunately just an hour before I called, the purse had left to go to the wefoundit depot. They don't take note of what is in the purse before they hand it over so I won't know until tomorrow if everything is in it but at least I have a trail to follow now.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know the outcome :)

• Advertisement

Got it back with €235 cash still in it \o/

It's a long story as to why I had that much money but it's back in my hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Yeh it all sounds a bit of a scam. I really thought I would get it back in tact but I'm doubting that now. If I get it back at all it will be probably be without cash. I've already cancelled the cards. I've registered it anyway so we'll see

I definitely think karma was on your side for this one:)

Advertisement