Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross Castle

Options
  • 27-11-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

I stayed in Ross Castle - the one that's in Meath/Cavan - on Thursday night, making a radio doc on it for college. It was a lovely place to visit, but I didn't really see or hear much of a paranormal sort.

There was some strangely loud thumping above the dining room at one point, but it was pretty windy and rainy so hard to tell. Person I was with though had a few incidents, hearing voices during the night being the main one.

Anyone else been there and seen/heard anything? I'm not fishing for info for the doc, I have what I need (:P) just genuinely intrigued by the place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah I've been there load soc times, great place to get away for a weekend. I think if you are looking for any sort of ghostly activity your best get is to jus sit in the sitting room having a but of fun and chatting and listening.

A watched pot never boils, ect. But do you know the bathroom door in the top room, a friend of mine seen that open and close by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

We investigated it, and we were in the room below the tower room, and 2 of our team saw a woman standing behind me.

We had a lot of bangs, voices and weird knocks.. but that was it.

The 2 that saw the lady, both jumped at the same time. They were very very sure about what they both saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Stayed there also on a ghost trip as such...Didnt see anything, the only time I felt a little spooked was in the bathroom downstairs. We stayed in is it Sabinas room with the mysterious flushing by itself toilet which is just a fault. But that was it, twas kinda spoilt too by one of the people in the group we went to making things happen which was really obivous...

Which one is Sabina's room. Never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sabina Nugent as far as I recall she was the lords daughter. It is the first bed- room up the spiral staircase. White door as far as I recall, bed just inside bathroom on the left. It is suppose to be haunted but a bit of a lady friendly male ghost aslo....

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sabina Nugent as far as I recall she was the lords daughter. It is the first bed- room up the spiral staircase. White door as far as I recall, bed just inside bathroom on the left. It is suppose to be haunted but a bit of a lady friendly male ghost aslo....

Cool! Ive been looking for that kind of historical information on Ross Castle for years, could you let me know where you got that info, Ill have a look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I like this. You can hear a scream.

I don't know who those people are but they didn't investigate the noise, they just speculated on what it was. Good though.

I wonder about Ross castle. I you listen closely to the video. It definitely is a scream.

I wouldn't be surprised if the owners are hiding speakers, and playing the sounds.

The BBC Radio 4 were there a few years ago, and a voice was captured on tape and was broadcast - A woman's voice clearly saying "ride on". I think it was 2007. I can't find the clip on the internet - but they had a lot of complaints by people claiming the BBC were pulling their leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

krd wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if the owners are hiding speakers, and playing the sounds.

thats a bit of an accusation to be pointing at whoever owns Ross castle. Why wouldnt it surprise you? Do you know them? (I'll say now, I dont know them)

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    thats a bit of an accusation to be pointing at whoever owns Ross castle. Why wouldnt it surprise you? Do you know them? (I'll say now, I dont know them)

I'm not saying they do. But someone with a business may think it's a good giggle to drum up business.

And you wouldn't be breaking any law if you did hide a speaker.

I know Ross well, been there loads of times. There are no speakers or anything like that I can assure.

Riamfada wrote: »
    I know Ross well, been there loads of times. There are no speakers or anything like that I can assure.

Have you got any interesting video or recordings from there?

krd wrote: »
    Have you got any interesting video or recordings from there?

Unfortunately not, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

that's me in the vid wearing the glasses

feelio wrote: »
    that's me in the vid wearing the glasses

Did you find out what the noise was

Advertisement