Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming build sub£500

Options
  • 27-11-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

hey guys would like to get some opinion here! helping a friend for a build here, he is only staying in uk for 1 year so what i have in mind is that simply build him a best bang for bucks build and he doesnt mind to get a 19'' monitor so the card doesnt need to be top range. the budget is around 580euro (£500).

i do a quick build on scan and tell me what you think!
    550 ti is abit overkill for 1440x900 isnt it lol
    and ill let him choose his casing+keyboard/speaker, so it will be slightly exceed 500 but he said is ok.
    182831.jpg

or maybe i should take the 21.5' Acer since it is only £83
    21.5" Acer V223HQVbd Black Widescreen Full HD LCD Monitor, 1920x1080, 5ms, 200cd/m², 20000:1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

changed my mind to a 6850 and plus the 21.5' Acer so total is £503.

1GB MSI HD 6850 OC, 4400MHz GDDR5, GPU 820MHz, 960 Stream Processors, 2x DVI/ HDMI/ DP
    £116.02inc VAT

any opinion on the build?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

He is planing on playing games with that?

If yes, ask him if he wants to stretch a budget a bit more. One year or not, he will still have that pc. Might aswell buy something that will make him happy playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

he was gonna buy an expensive 1k laptop so i suggested him to get a budget gaming machine instead. it is not really for hardcore gaming but just a cozy little desktop he can use to play many games with a reasonable resolution/low-mid setting.

i thought i3+6850 can do well for 1920x1080? again not extremely max out setting but he should be able to enjoy most recent games with good performance. otherwise i may persuade him to get an i5 then? any other suggestion?

trust me mate when you are staying in another country for only 1 year you wouldnt wanna invest huge amount of money on a desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

seraphimvc wrote: »
    he was gonna buy an expensive 1k laptop so i suggested him to get a budget gaming machine instead. it is not really for hardcore gaming but just a cozy little desktop he can use to play many games with a reasonable resolution/low-mid setting.

i thought i3+6850 can do well for 1920x1080? again not extremely max out setting but he should be able to enjoy most recent games with good performance. otherwise i may persuade him to get an i5 then? any other suggestion?

trust me mate when you are staying in another country for only 1 year you wouldnt wanna invest huge amount of money on a desktop.

What would I know, I am just stinky foreigner... ;)

If he knows that it is 1 year max and he is moving back here, then there is no point getting desktop at all. Budget or not, he won't be able to drop it in this backpack and fly home.

Laptop does sound way more suitable in his case. ( IF he really plans on 1 year max ). 1k will buy him a decent laptop and he won't need to leave it behind.

P.s. I presume that's way he wants budget pc? To leave it behind? If he is taking back his pc, then there is no difference between budget and proper pc.

Advertisement